Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

Official: What did you tie today

Today I did some cranefly nymphs (John Barr's pattern,) some hellgramites, and a foam spider (both my patterns.)

post-12074-1300653767_thumb.jpg

post-12074-1300653795_thumb.jpg

post-12074-1300653825_thumb.jpg

Today I did 12 rhyacophila pupas. Very simple ones with wingcases, legs, antennas, hairy thorax and plastic body.

Today I did some cranefly nymphs (John Barr's pattern,) some hellgramites, and a foam spider (both my patterns.)

I really like the hellgramite it looks pretty simple and a killer

today i made 10 of this sedge hook #10 varivas 2100 2x fine, body ostrich barb, legs cdc any colours, wings pheasant feather in the middle of 2 layers scotchtape clear and shaped with a scissors, very simple to tye

post-30121-1302023704_thumb.jpg

I tied a half a dozen beetles on salmon/steelhead hooks for the big fish at Pyramid Lake, NV. A few yellow-ish ones and a few black and green ones.

Just a couple of things, one of these baitfish i saw in 'fly tyer' , basically calls for a small foam circle attached and squeezed to the head so you have a 'feeding minnow' you know when you are fishing and you see little minnows sipping invisibly small material off the surface, i guess it would also work well as an injured minnow when bass are harassing baitfish. Then there is some of my usual suspects that are dying to get wet.

post-29540-1302635343_thumb.jpg

Today i tried tying some complex patterns and wasn't having much luck - so i fell back to tying some clousers, the pink and purple ones may get a trim, but come late july they will be coming to BC with me to annoy pink salmon. Size 6's with the micro tungsten eyes.

post-29540-1302819487_thumb.jpg

I've been working on some panfish streamers. They have a white marabou tail and white dubbing fur for the body. Pictures coming soon!

I tied up a dozen olive clouser minnows for the swap I'm in.I certainly hope all Twelve places get full If not I can always use some more clousers. From what I have seen at this site the places get full fast. I wished I had a nice camera I could use to snap photos of them.The night is young I may still tie more flies. :crying: (I just felt like using this sad little man.) bye