Fly Tying
Big J

Bream Swap

SWAP FULL

So I'm hosting a Bream swap. Tie 12 of the same bream pattern. Rules of the swap are

1) all flies must have toe tags. (name on paper attached to the hook of each fly)

2) must have an envelope with address and postage inside the package so I can mail your flies back.

3) The flies will be due March 1st

Reply with "I'm in" and I'll add you to the swap.

1) Big J (Custom Bream Fly)

2) SamH (pepperoni yuk bug)

3) Catalpa_Joe (Green Head Special)

4) BeginnerFlyTyer (San Juan Worm) Recieved

5) Mr. Vegas (Cajun Tickler)

6) Foambug (gil-gitter)

7) getholdofjoru (Pandy)

8) Rich5665 (Bream Killer)

9) Gaddy (Mackie)

10) MowestFlyfisher (Crappie Candies)

11) Wes917 (HumBug) Recieved

12) Redneck Fly (mayfly nymph) Recieved

13) ibrb (cockaroo) Recieved

Did you get mine??

Yes I did, not sure how I missed it. Thanks

I see what I did Mowest, I put that I received Wes917 instead of received yours haha my bad!

Yes I did, not sure how I missed it. Thanks

I see what I did Mowest, I put that I received Wes917 instead of received yours haha my bad!

its alright I just wanted to make sure that you got them. :rolleyes:

Big J,

I know this is bad since i pushed for this swap, but i must pull out if you dont mind. I am sure Breambuster might like this one. I Have got to try to be packed and ready to move by the 16th and with 2 kids and a wife. I am hustling. I am so sorry. I am only about half done and don't think i can get them done in time. Thanks for understanding.

Sam

After talking with Big J, I'm going to be taking SamH's spot in this swap. Sorry he had to drop out. And I know all about moving, having done it several times. It's a LOT of work, and VERY time consuming. Not to mention, a lot of trouble finding stuff once you get to your new location. Best of luck, Sam.

OK, I'm been trying to come up with something different for this swap. And I ran across an article that mentions that Reul Staynor, the originator of the Staynor Duck, says that he came up with the pattern to catch trout, but that it became his most productive bream pattern. I'm never tied it, much less fished it, but I'm going to tie some up for this swap. I've been thinking about trying it for a while now, and this is a good opportunity to tie some and try fishing it. Have any of you guys ever used it for bream fishing? I understand that it's also a very productive pattern for smallmouth bass. I'm going to be tying it in a size 10 which ought to be good for bream. That's my standard size bream fly hook. Let me know what you think about it when you get yours, and let me know how you like fishing it. I'm going to be trying it out this Spring and Summer.

Take care

BB

After talking with Big J, I'm going to be taking SamH's spot in this swap. Sorry he had to drop out. And I know all about moving, having done it several times. It's a LOT of work, and VERY time consuming. Not to mention, a lot of trouble finding stuff once you get to your new location. Best of luck, Sam.

OK, I'm been trying to come up with something different for this swap. And I ran across an article that mentions that Reul Staynor, the originator of the Staynor Duck, says that he came up with the pattern to catch trout, but that it became his most productive bream pattern. I'm never tied it, much less fished it, but I'm going to tie some up for this swap. I've been thinking about trying it for a while now, and this is a good opportunity to tie some and try fishing it. Have any of you guys ever used it for bream fishing? I understand that it's also a very productive pattern for smallmouth bass. I'm going to be tying it in a size 10 which ought to be good for bream. That's my standard size bream fly hook. Let me know what you think about it when you get yours, and let me know how you like fishing it. I'm going to be trying it out this Spring and Summer.

Take care

BB

I think I meet him in Idaho when I was really really young! Or maybe went to his shop in twin falls Idaho.. Something like that, Look at this article.. http://www.anglerguide.com/articles/116.html I knew roger in the article as well and John Buzzard. I fished the stayner ducktail for years on the henry's fork and had great success. I would easily say I have caught 100 trout on it and caught the biggest one of my life when I was 16 on it as well.

sent out the paid envelope today sorry about that its all done now

Got the paid envelope today, Thanks

Man oh Man......I gotta see someone about this....I was reading this thead seeing everyones getting theres sent and I'm still thinking about a pattern...I go to looking at what others have tied so I can add more variaty.....and what did I find out?????

I'M LOOKING IN THE WRONG BREAM SWAP! :wallbash:

Darrin