Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bertgwen

Musky Swap

Looking forward to seeing them. Will let you know when they arrive.

How is everyone else coming along? Deadline is approaching quickly. I have three tied up and the 4th in the vise to be finished tonight.

robert

Flies in the mail from winter weather advisory Michigan!

How is everyone else coming along? Deadline is approaching quickly. I have three tied up and the 4th in the vise to be finished tonight.

robert

dont u need 5???????

robert

dont u need 5???????

I sent five.... kind of confused about your post though...

scratch that, re read it a few more times and I get it...

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow. It had taken me a while to figure out how I wanted to send them since this is the biggest fly swap I've done. But I think I've got it, going out tomorrow.

Over the weekend I put together a special musky flies box. Bought the materials at JoAnns and saved a bundle on a big fly box!

Glad you figured it out. It is Monday, so I'll let it go. :)

I'll start on the 5th after I finish the 4th. Then I might tie an additional couple. Probably call them numbers 6 and 7. Ok, maybe I can't let it go. I can be a smart ass sometimes, I can't help it.

robert

robert

dont u need 5???????

I sent five.... kind of confused about your post though...

scratch that, re read it a few more times and I get it...

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed you won't be able to meet your commitment for the swap. Don't have much else to say.

Im sorry but i must withdraw from this swap because of a series of vacations and lack of time.

Polarbear, your flies arrived today and look great. I'm amazed at how light they are. Maybe I won't be putting myself in grave danger trying to throw it with the fly rod. :)

As far as keeping the extras, I can't do it with this swap. Any other swap, yes, but too much time/effort goes into tying these monsters. So depending on your individual preference, I'll either send one of your own back, or randomly send you two of one of the other types. Please let me know what your thoughts are.

go ahead and keep my extra for hosting

I was also going to say to keep my extra, but since you're not going too - please send one of mine back to me. My fishing partner saw these guys and I know he wanted one even though he didn't outright said it, so I figure I'll just give it to my buddy, if that's cool.

Boy I wish I didnt miss this swap I would ove to try and tie a fly musky. Never have before it is always fun researching and trying to come up with a fly for a fish you dont get to fish for. We dont have any musky in Texas.

The pics of the flies look awsome.

Would like to see a group pic of all them together.