Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

No sun fish on this one, nice variety of other stuff though.

I had a pet gar when I was in high school, named Snidely Whiplash. A little smaller than that one. The way they hunt is pretty cool. They slowly pull up with their nose beside a minnow and quickly snap sideways to grab the fish. Hence his name, Snidely Whiplash.

Looks like a nice day on the water.

Thanks, Mark.  Any day in Florida is a nice day.  It got a little windy, but it was pretty out there.

I finally got out on a river with the new to me Hardy 5wt set up that I bought last November.  The day after I brought it home the weather went from sunny in the 60's down to the 30's with wind driven rain - I decided to avoid frozen fingers and wait for spring to take her out.   I was fortunate to land this fat little Rainbow off a #14 brown vinyl ribbed worm. The high winds we had this past windy Saturday made casting problematic. 

IMG_4994.thumb.JPG.b8a33c0712fe6c0e81e4caa6ce18db9d.JPG

Wow he is chubby. But we on the hefty side prefer words like "Robust" and "Healthy", wouldn't want you to hurt his feelings.😄

Nice fish.

Mark, a while back I bumped into an older guy I used to work with. His greeting was "Hi Les, you're looking prosperous." I didn't know whether to thank him or slap him. lol

On 3/18/2020 at 1:37 PM, Mark Knapp said:

mensteve.jpg

6 of thirty. It's warming up up here. We are seeing daytime temps. over freezing now. Only a month and a half to ice fish left.

Nice looking catch!

26 minutes ago, Lesg said:

Mark, a while back I bumped into an older guy I used to work with. His greeting was "Hi Les, you're looking prosperous." I didn't know whether to thank him or slap him. lol

Next time you could say "yup bought and paid for".

1 hour ago, Lesg said:

I'm "prosperous"- I knew it!

52 minutes ago, jacktjl said:

Nice looking catch!

Thanks, we are getting pretty close to 750 out of the fish house this season. That's how many we have caught, we've probably kept about 80 of them. We do have a lot of fun in that house.