Fly Tying
famill00

Popper Swap

It is getting closer to popper time! Let's have 10 people join in and tie up your favorite popper. Everyone tie up 10 flies. You will not get one of your own back since there are 11 people including myself. All skill levels welcomed. I hope to get a variety of sizes and materials, from bluegill to bucketmouths, and cork to deer jhair. When you say "I'm in" please list the popper material (cork, deer hair, foam, etc) and the size you intend to tie. Once all the flies are in, I will photo each one. We will then all vote on our favorite popper, and that person will get some extra flies from me! Also, if, and only if, everyone has their flies to me in time, I will tie up an extra of my favorite bluegill flies for each of you! Hint Hint: I want this swap to go smoothly, meaning no drop outs and flies in on time :) Due date for this is June 20th.

WE ARE FULL!

When finished, send flies to:

Forrest Miller

3865 Gabrielle Lane

APT 521

Aurora IL 60504

Also, if you would, please reply in the thread and let me know what date you shipped your flies.

Swapmiester - Foam popper - Smallmouth size*******************************Done as of 6/2*********************************************

1)fshrmanms - wood - bass (#6 or #8) *****************************************Received 5/23*********************************************

2)bluegill576 - foam - #8***********************************************************Received 6/25/12******************************************

3)riffleriversteelheadslayer - cork - bass (#4) - round dinny*********************Received 6/1**********************************************

4)easternfly - bass (#4)**********************************************************Received 6/8**********************************************

5)Jolly Red - foam - #10**********************************************************Received 6/4*********************************************

6)SullyTM - #4 -Delta Destroyer**************************************************Received 6/1**********************************************

7)djgunter - Hard Foam - #10******************************************************Received 6/25/12*****************************************

8)david mcvey - foam - 6 or 8****************************************************Received 6/18*********************************************

9)gpd4 - foam - smallmouth*****************************************************Received 6/11*********************************************

10)Crackleback - 1 - Deer Hair**************************************************Received 6/18*********************************************

I'm in. I will be able to get the flies in on time, but you may want to move the date a little later because poppers can take a long time with many steps. I'll be doing #8 stippled frog colored foam poppers.

I have updated the original post with those of you who have joined. This is going to be a great swap!

-Forrest

Only three more spots left. For those of you already signed up, send out an invite to someone. First three to reply on this thread are in!

-Forrest

Too many popper artists to pass this one up. I'm in, but since I recently moved, I'm going to have to go with hard foam rather than balsa. Let's call it bass or aggressive bluegill sized...

oh crap!

just got word from management that my 3 month submarine work assignment to the UK is now ON! (its been on and off for weeks, not its finally ON!)

someone can have my spot in this swap.

oh crap!

just got word from management that my 3 month submarine work assignment to the UK is now ON! (its been on and off for weeks, not its finally ON!)

If you're dropping out I'll take your spot.

-Mike

oh crap!

If you're dropping out I'll take your spot.

-Mike

Crackleback,

I am updating the post that you are taking the spot.

Thanks for jumping in.

Forrest