Fly Tying
flytire

NOVEMBER FLIES

Maybe the one i did last month is closer with the Purple UV stuff, perhaps i combine a tan or dark olive top with it? I think these with a dark top, maybe some hurl...

PA292016.jpg

Hmmz, the lateral line is prominent...I guess the top colour of the minnows will always be the colour of the substrate they are swimming on...

To the bench again!

All look good. I think Steeldrifter should show us how the tank fish like them. He could film some real time fish reactions for us. We should start a petition.

I am all for him netting a few shiners and local forage to show us how they appear in the water. Those cichlids shouldn't mind. The shiner picture almost looks a cream or golden belly, very distinct in shape too.

Drifter, we are sending you with a net and tadpole jar to the river.

Maybe the one i did last month is closer with the Purple UV stuff, perhaps i combine a tan or dark olive top with it? I think these with a dark top, maybe some hurl...

PA292016.jpg

Hmmz, the lateral line is prominent...I guess the top colour of the minnows will always be the colour of the substrate they are swimming on...

To the bench again!

Looking good Jam! I love the micro ep minnows. SO easy to tie and they just look good. An idea that just popped in my head..how about the lateral scale flashabou down the side! Ohh man.

http://www.bearsden.com/product2014.html

Been tying a load of these soft hackles:

Pheasentandpeacockredbutt.jpg

My friends also sent me an entire golden pheasant skin, wings, everything, so I'm pretty happy, and got new things to try :D

Sounds like you have a good friend, I am thinking about order a golden pheasant, EBay have a few and they appear to have some decent quality

Sounds like you have a good friend, I am thinking about order a golden pheasant, EBay have a few and they appear to have some decent quality

Yeah, she owns a farm so hooks me up with pheasant, golden pheasant and soon squirrel and rabbit skins :D

Im tying Ausable wulffs for the trout dry fly swap, figured id post the picture here. Its one of my favorite flys to tie.

Evan

post-42172-0-11526500-1352511452_thumb.jpg

Been coming up with my own patterns!

Also, finally got the hang of the matched wings :D

This is my golden pheasant wet fly with biot body:

Goldenpheasantwetfly.jpg

And this is my Golden pheasant and peacock wet fly:

Goldenpheasantandpeacock.jpg