Fly Tying
Ugly Bob

Hand Tied or Store Bought Leaders/Tippets

Leaders/Tippets  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use maxima down to 3X, then one last blood knot to attach the 3x maxima to 3x of my tippet material. I use my tippet material and double surgeons knots from there depending on how far I go (4x-5x-6x). Currently using trouthunter for tippets.

Any brand works for me as long as it comes in 40, 20, 10, and 6 pound test; prefably flourocarbon.

Maybe I answered this wrong. I had tie and the leader I hand tie will all be ther same material. Other types of leaders I will use other brands or colors but one leader will all be by the same manufacturer

Maxima clear, last 2 or 3 sections ultra green. depending on what type of fishing. Salt water all clear Maxima.

MWL

I use Maxima Clear and Stren with a surgons knot and blood knots at the tipet. But most of my leaders are furled. I like to hand tie my streamer and bass leaders.

Kevin

I use furled leaders that I make by hand. the way I make them leaves a loop to loop connection at both ends, then I just use the same line for the tippet.

I voted conservative ... no wait, wrong election.

I didn't know quite how to vote. I use a piece of mono from the fly to the fly. Since it's one piece of fishing line, I guess I use "one brand throughout".

And since I don't pay anybody to tie the mono to the fly line for me, or to tie the fly onto the mono ... I guess I tie my own.

Since I don't use "leaders" and "tippets" ... I didn't vote.

I do a combo for dry flies I use shop baught leaders 9 & 12 foot Rio for nymph fishing I will use a 7.5 foot RIO leader and tie in a heavier butt section to turn evrything over and I will also tie in a section of orange colored amnesia as a butt section as well. A lot of the placed I fish you can not have a lot of knots in your leader of you will pick up a lot of junk on them small streams I seem to have almost as much on dry ground as on the water.

steve