Fly Tying
shoebop

Song of the day

On 9/29/2020 at 5:30 PM, mikechell said:

Thank you, Chug.  THAT'S music!

It's my personal favorite music of all time. After Beethoven's D minor there was Brahms' D major... Also makes for good tying with the small flies 🙃

As far as the Beatles, I'm okay with them but definitely never got as crazy about them as many people. However, i do understand why they were such a big deal in music. While we're on the topic of classical music, the above aria is one of my favorites. I've really started appreciating opera in the last few years and really enjoy the entire Turandot opera. I'd love to see one some day. 

Again, not to rag on the Beatles too much, but here is a version of "With A Little Help From My Friends" written by Lennon-McCartney, that I think just blows the Beatles version out of the water. It's one of my all time favorites, but it has to be this particular performance. I generally just really like Joe Cocker as well.

Won’t make ya listen, ya won’t get it anyway, and I don’t know how to get it on here anyway, but the Gratefui Dead usually takes me anywhere I want to go. All I gotta do is sit back and smile, smile, smile.

3 hours ago, Al Agelwei said:

Won’t make ya listen, ya won’t get it anyway, and I don’t know how to get it on here anyway, but the Gratefui Dead usually takes me anywhere I want to go. All I gotta do is sit back and smile, smile, smile.

I'm a fan of the Grateful Dead. Sometimes that mellow jamming is just what the doctor ordered. 

’weii, listen flykid, I’ll follow you, you can follow me. I can tell you some stories, maybe even some fishing stories. I love fly fishing. I’m a nice guy. My 2nd day on this site, so L don’t really know anybody. You can call me Al.

34 minutes ago, Al Agelwei said:

I think Joe Cocker did that song 1st. Good tune.

I don't think Joe Cocker did any song first. He strictly did covers of other people's hits..at least that's my memory of his songs.

Never saw the Grateful Dead live. I'm a quite a bit too young to have caught them in their prime. I know they still have a touring group with remaining members as the Dead and Co. which I've heard is still a great show. I think you're right about Joe Cocker Shoebop, he did cover a lot of songs, love his style though. 

Good to have you here, Al. Sounds like you've got some good stuff to share!

On 10/1/2020 at 9:49 AM, chugbug27 said:

It's my personal favorite music of all time. After Beethoven's D minor there was Brahms' D major... Also makes for good tying with the small flies 🙃

Oh please somebody shoot me. Never mind, I already died of boredom 😁😋. I'll take "Get Back" (by the Beatles) any day.