Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

$168 for thread?

Probably just someone phishing, happens a lot. That said vintage tinsel (which this does not look to be) can cost a few bucks.

I'm telling SB, you need that thread for those mondo IRL trout. They know quality when they see it, you will be rewarded.

Let me know how it works out for you…dave

Hell I've got about 20 spools of thread I will sell for only $150 each... first one to send a check for $3K gets it. What a bargain...

What's even more interesting about these, is that just about all of them always have one bid, and always from the same buyer. It's been like that for at least the last couple of months. Check the bid history. Either the same person is a fanatic over tinsel and thread, and has very deep pockets, or maybe something else is going on.

Regards,

Mark

Very interesting. There are several spools of thread for sale in the hundred dollar range. The same buyer has bid on every one. That buyer has a history of antique type buyers with many being thread stuff. This certainly is a mystery wrapped in a riddle and hidden in an enigma.

This is how it started with feathers…It's an evil price fixing scam, I stocking up before it hits $200 a spool!

Most items on Ebay have a bid on them, placed there I think by a friend of the seller. You see very few items without a bid on them. The chains are an attempt to sell a wildly overpriced product...the hand lettered ledger in the background are all for ambiance.

Man Ive been looking for a spool of this!! It'll make my flies so much better!! In all seriousness, I think there are quite a few classic tyers out there that like to use actual vintage material. Pretty cool if you have disposable income.

For $168 that thread better have belonged to Ted Williams and been autographed.

Things that make you go hmmm..

I saw the other auctions with all the 100 dollar bids. Very interesting. Next month they will all be back on trying for 50 dollars.

I guess we will see. Some one call Bud Guidry or Ron Lucas.