Fly Tying
eastern fly

POPPERS, the swap

Henrik that will work well. Sniper I your flies. Nice job. Did you make the head yourself (not the paint job)?

Kevin

Yes, it's the same popper pattern I tied for the warm water swap on paflyfish, just in a different color scheme.

Henrik that will work well. Sniper I your flies. Nice job. Did you make the head yourself (not the paint job)?

Kevin

Yes, it's the same popper pattern I tied for the warm water swap on paflyfish, just in a different color scheme.

That is then how the human mind works in similar patterns....

Did not go for any pattern descriptions, just fiddled around with some foam, and tied this one... Strange....

If any one had planned to tie something like this, I will gladly change my pattern....

/Henrik

Kevin

That is then how the human mind works in similar patterns....

Did not go for any pattern descriptions, just fiddled around with some foam, and tied this one... Strange....

If any one had planned to tie something like this, I will gladly change my pattern....

/Henrik

Sorry for any confusion, my fly is not the same as yours...this is the pattern I tied for this swap, just in red/white and frog instead of Chartreuse Firetiger.

post-26372-0-85491600-1392272196_thumb.jpg

Mine are ready to paint. Will probably do that this week, so I'm set to be done in plenty of time. Love being retilred!

My poppers are painted and clear coated. I've a couple of projects to finish before I can add the tails and legs.

But there should be plenty of time to do that and get these in before the deadline. They are all #8 cupped.

bodies.

post-11380-0-80341300-1393384035_thumb.png

mine are done but tomorrow is our anniversary so my bride (41 yrs.) thinks we should spend a few days in a hotel near the outlet malls to celebrate, I will mail them when I get back. hmm wonder if there is a fly shop near there??

Glad you got them mate,

Just hoping mine catch fish... Compared to some of the skills shown by some of the other tiers here I feel mine are somewhat lacking. Really looking forward to seeing the other ties.