Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bertgwen

Essence of the Pheasant Tail Swap

The way I see it, as a penalty for Shmang being late you should send his share of flies to me. I'd love to see them and get them wet if possible.

Okay Shmang, just kiddin'. I would think by tiers in that list you are in for some nice nymphs coming your way soon.

It is a good set of pt's. As of yesterday still no set from shmang. Will get them turned around quickly once they get here. Except shmang's set, I may hold them for week or so first. :)

robert

Shmang's flies mysteriously arrived at some point in the last week. I don't know how or when, as I've gotten the mail in every day last week, but I missed them. This only came to light when I discovered a small envelope buried on the desk late last night. I have a meeting after work tonight so I may not get to sorting today, flies will be traveling Wednesday at latest. Sorry for the delays, but I think it will be worth it.

robert

I sat down and sorted, packaged flies last night. They are in my car and will be at the PO at lunch time. Thanks all for participating. Nice sets of PT's coming your way. Some notes below.

1. Some of you tie some downright tiny flies, I'm always impressed with the little ones, been years since I've tied anything smaller than an 18. There was at least one I almost brushed off the desk thinking it was a speck of dust. Getting old, eyes not what they used to be.

2. Everyone received the same number of flies you sent in, and did not get your own back. This means you will receive multiples of one or several flies. I say this knocking on wood, hoping it is true, the sorting process can be a little daunting, but I think I got it.

3. If you sent in extra flies, thank you, it is appreciated, but I also sent you extra flies back (but see disclaimer in #2 above). Truth is I need to fish more and tie less, I have way more flies than I'll ever fish, and I always seem to fall back on the tried and true. Hopefully you'll find some use in what I sent back.

Thank you all for participating.

robert

Thanks to you. I've always fished #12-16 nymphs; this year I made a commitment to give the small ones a try; there's a classic creek nearby that supposedly calls for the little ones to be particularly successful. I have also been hard over on fishing only flies I tie, but I am also looking forward to wetting the swap ones.

I received a nice set of flies in the mail today. Thanks everyone for the great ties, and thanks Robert for hosting!

Got my flies today. I'm so glad I have a good selection of the small guys; they round out my selection - can't wait to wet 'em. Thanks all.

Nice selection of flies. Some great ideas to work with in that bunch.