Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

3wt with special meaning

Every once in awhile I will get a customer that wants a rod that has some real special meaning to signify a battle with a disease or something that is more than just a fancy rod. This is one of those rods. This one was ordered by someone that wanted a rod to stand as something to remind the new owner of what he & his wife have been through dealing with her Crohn's disease, Pretty much all artistic judgment was left to my own discretion so I worked the dark purple of the Crohn's ribbon into the rod with dark purple main wraps, metallic purple trim wraps, some purple accents worked into the custom grip, and even the wood is called "purpleheart" which has a slight purple tint to it.

Rsw4o1.jpg
drtKml.jpg
u2OPwB.jpg
jVblL7.jpg
Iom4Bn.jpg
Wg0Hfe.jpg

ABOLUTELY breath taking!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks so much for a rod that has more meaning than you could ever know!

ABOLUTELY breath taking!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks so much for a rod that has more meaning than you could ever know!

I get it and have dealt with that for over thirty years!

I never knew about ribbon Steve, hope there is hours of good times to be had with this rod!

Steve just to let you know the rod arrived yesterday but I haven't opened yet and probably won't till Christmas. Since it is a present from my wife. Though I want to peek sooooooo bad.

Steve just to let you know the rod arrived yesterday but I haven't opened yet and probably won't till Christmas. Since it is a present from my wife. Though I want to peek sooooooo bad.

Should we start a pool to see how long it takes...... I got $20 that says it's opened before the weekend is outlaugh.png

That's a beautiful rod and such a great meaning behind it. I'll second that it will be opened by the weekend ;-)

Steve your work amazes me! Maybe one day I will get the opportunity to hit you up for one of your rods. Beautiful work indeed!!!!!