Fly Tying
Harold Ray

Alternative to the liquid Clear Cure Goo Hydro at $20,00 a bottle

What is a good alternative to the liquid Clear Cure Goo Hydro, or is there one? This stuff is $20.00 per 15 cc. bottle. I use Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails usually, and very infrequently the ultraviolet light cured gels. Occasionally though the gels are nice to have, and I have a couple of places the liquid would be nice. I just hesitate to pay $20.00 each for those though.

Also, the the liquid Clear Cure Goo Hydro, once cured with the light, is not supposed to be tacky, don't know if that is actually true or not, but that's what they say.

I thought I would ask what you all are using before jumping in and purchasing.

Thanks!!

Ray

Contact SilverCreek on here he makes this stuff called Diamond Resin or something like that for $15/bottle ; its supposed to be pretty good. I use Loon Knot Sense and it's ok by me but I will probably get Clear Cure Goo next time around since they are local to Texas or may get Silver Creeks stuff

I've used several brands out there from Loon knot sense ,Loon wader repair, Tuffleye thick and thin..... and the cheapest and possibly the best one as yet as I haven't tried diamond hard is Bug Off from http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UV-Cured-Resin-The-Bug-that-Bonds-/191082228950?pt=UK_BOI_Packing_Postal_Supplies_Labels_LE&hash=item2c7d636cd6

I also use a laser pen to cure all my UV products.

I've tried it all. Silvercreeks UV resin is the best. Stays clear, cures fast, and easily the most modestly priced.

I just hope he continues to make it..

I've been a lurker for a long time, but need to comment here in my first post!. Tried 'em all and hands down Silvercreek's product is the best. Do yourself a favor and get his UV light as well. BTW, this site is addictive and a treasure trove of information. Discovered it a few months ago.

PM Silvercreek on this forum site to buy his product

I believe he is the only one who sells it. no retail outlets (I think)

You order it from SilverCreek. You can send him a PM to get the specifics.

I got a bottle of Crystal UV Coat from Silver a couple of months ago. It works as advertised. It is a little thicker than CCG Hydro, but similar enough to use as a quick curing head cement, and it does cure tack free. You get about twice as much product for the same price.

I've used CCG Hydro a fair bit as well, but my bottle is several years old, so I don't feel it would be fair to make a comparison. I'm sure the CCG formula has been updated since I bought mine.

you can also buy a rebranded version from lunds fly shop called misfit uv bond and it is exactly the same as crystal uv coat just a different name

What is a good alternative to the liquid Clear Cure Goo Hydro, or is there one? This stuff is $20.00 per 15 cc. bottle. I use Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails usually, and very infrequently the ultraviolet light cured gels. Occasionally though the gels are nice to have, and I have a couple of places the liquid would be nice. I just hesitate to pay $20.00 each for those though.

Also, the the liquid Clear Cure Goo Hydro, once cured with the light, is not supposed to be tacky, don't know if that is actually true or not, but that's what they say.

I thought I would ask what you all are using before jumping in and purchasing.

Thanks!!

Ray

Send me a pm with your email address and I will email you the details on my Crystal UV Coat Resin Kits.

Here are some threads on the resin:

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=78049

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=78123

You can view my ad here:

Henry is the man! Great customer service and his product does exactly like he says it will. "A" NUMBER ONE in my book!!!! I bought the whole package from him back last spring and it is good stuff. You will not be disappointed.