Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

MOUSE PATTERNS

I should scratch my pictures but it might give someone else some future plans. I don't know if the person who did those made a template or what but I do know I couldn't begin to duplicate it. Nothing on it worked right for me. SO...I tackled a different path and have begun to spin hair. I'll try to make them fishable even if they're not presentable but you have to start somewhere. The first hair I ever spun was just a couple weeks ago for Li'l Dave's swap. Did some Muddlers. Now I'm going for the big time and my biggest problem is the mess you make doing those. They're going to look something like this.

DSC01109.JPG

Vic ... the fly you get from me is a fishing fly, not a display fly. That's one of the things I understand is preferred about swaps, you get to see other's styles, good or great.

As I've stated, this is my first swap.

So, to mail the flies ...

Can I send them in a "flat rate box" with a return postage and address label inside? The SwapMiester can just affix the label and postage to the box and send it back?

I know we don't even have a due date, yet ... but I've never been one to wait to the last minute.

You can send it that way. Most of the time I just get a pack of large envelopes and use them. My addy on one the SM on the other. After the stamps are put on mine its in with my flies and on there way.

I tied the Master Splinter Mouse...Pretty neat mouse fly I think! Maybe ole Large Mouth Bass will think so too! I tied 2 each for everyone so enjoy. As soon as the due date is posted I'll mail them.

Kevin,

pm me an address and I will get these little rodents mailed Friday or Saturday morning.

Take Care,

Tony