Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

MOUSE PATTERNS

Kevin, thats cool with me. I was just curious because it is the first swap that i have been it where it wasn't posted prior to everyone joining.

Vic ... you keep sending things to the wrong addresses? Time to upgrade the glasses? Sucks getting old, huh?

Glasses are fine Mike, need to update my fishing friends address book. Boink Boink...

Okay, I turned my return around and sent it 2 day express so that's the best I can do. Sorry about that but the funny thing is I had the right address in the address book and going way back to Secret Santa but can't figure out where I got the addy I used. No idea where it came from.

dropped mine in mail today Kev

The first page has been updated. Also I would like to let everyone know there has been a addition to the swap. There wasn't A DROP OUT He just wast to contribute. So welcome Bruce

Derington to the swap. It will be an extra for everyone.

Kevin

dropped mine in mail today Kev

The first page has been updated. Also I would like to let everyone know there has been a addition to the swap. There wasn't A DROP OUT He just wast to contribute. So welcome Bruce

Derington to the swap. It will be an extra for everyone.

Kevin

HOLLY COW I must be living right!!!! I get to have a fly from the great Bruce Derington??? What an honor indeed. I have watched many for Bruce's videos on You Tube and he ties some of the most beautiful flies. Can't wait to see what he tied for us!!!! I am totally stoked...

Wow! Bruce, you are TOO kind.

I feel responsible for this swap only having 6 tiers. (Me and my big mouth)

I would be happy to send you one of mine directly, Bruce, if you wish.

So calm down, there is a small flaw, the foam should be thicker, so these may get water logged. but hey, the price is right. I'de like to mention an important tip with deer hair patterns, they may have a tendency float incorrectly, in which case I apply either Daves flex cement or CCG on the under side to "keel' the fly, so keep it in mind with any and all bugs (also adds durability )

Bruce? Did you type your reply above into the right thread?

? :( I was replying on this mouse pattern swap. I tied moorish mice and when did I used too thin of foam

Ah ... I get the meaning, then. I don't want to rain on this parade, but your contribution will likely go into a display for future pattern references ... not onto the water for one or two bass to destroy. So, when I try to copy the pattern, I'll know to go with thicker foam.