Fly Tying
jd1983

Brook Trout Favorites Swap

First set of flies came in today. Great looking flies, fishingbobnelson, and thank you for the extras.

Hi all,

Tried sending a PM to JD, but it said he could not receive any new PM's, so I'll post it here.

I'm afraid I will have to drop out of this swap due to some serious medical issues. I won't be able to spend the time at the vise for a while. I think I've been in 60+ swaps on this site, and this is the first I've had to back out of. Hope you all understand.

Tight lines,

Rodger

(Chase Creek)

Rodger,

I apologize that I was unable to receive PMs. Hoping that is fixed now. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to complete the swap but that is not really that important right now. Thoughts and prayers to you and I hope your medical issues get resolved sooner than later.

I will open up that last spot again and see if we can't get a 12th participant. Everyone go ahead and tie and send in 12 flies. If we cannot fill the final spot, I will return one of your own flies.

Since I see everyone else posted their flies I'll give you mine. My favorite two flies up north for brookies in streams were the Royal Coachman streamer or the Mickey Finn. In lakes it was a small Muddler in the evening. Never cared what was hatching since they'd eat the Muddler dry at any time.

Anyway, for this swap I'll go with the Royal Coachman streamer on a size 10 1x long hook. Done up a few for practice and like it better with a calf tail wing in small size like that than bucktail so that's what I'll go with.

Happy to get into swap. Passed it up because there are people who will use these flies more than I but just enjoy displaying all the swap flies and checking them out at times.

Tyme Keeper's brown drakes arrived today. Look great and I'm excited to try out that peccary hair you sent.