Fly Tying
breambuster

Skill Builder Trout Series II

Hey Guys. It's weeks like my last few that make me wonder at 67 1/2 years old while I'm still working 50 & 60 hours a week and not retired! I was looking back through the flies we have received and updating the original post to see where we are and there are 2 sets still out. I believe one set is in the mail, but I'm a bit concerned about the other because it looks like it was supposed to be mailed near the end of January. Don't know what has happened to that one. I'll be sending some PM's shortly. Thanks to everyone for some great sets of flies!

Take care

BB

I worked until I was 66.5 myself. Could have left earlier but that last year and half when I could collect SS and a full paycheck with no penalties made a huge difference in retiring tight or relaxed. Time for you to be counting things up and seeing if you shouldn't be thinking in terms of settling back and watching the working class pass by.

Bream I am late on sending... I think. I have a set of drys that i believe are for this swap. I will send them out.my apologies. I have five sets tied up for different swaps.

Bream I am late on sending... I think. I have a set of drys that i believe are for this swap. I will send them out.my apologies. I have five sets tied up for different swaps.

This swap is soft hackles.

PJ2, I have your set for this round. You don't owe me anything at this time. Hang on to what you have. The next round is going to be wet flies, but with a twist. We will get to dry flies, but not yet.

Take care

BB

Yeah, sure, I tied ahead too and now you come up with a "twist". Ah well PJ2, a dozen of nice flies on standby for other swaps is always handy and the extra 3 or 4 we tie fill our own boxes.

Holy Crap. lets see...bass and panfish done, dry flys for March done ,but now, not correct, ummm BWOs done for BWO... decievers done for Salt. who gets these Bead headed rock caddis? ...... crap. this is what happens when youre in to many swaps. lesson learned.

PJ2, I don't know how you're doing it but I commend you! I'm only in two swaps and was admittedly a little late this go around. I'm sticking with only two because I know three would bury me and I wouldn't be able to keep up. In fact, the whole reason I joined these two swaps is to MAKE me sit down and tie. I have decided to go back to school (for some damn reason haha) and I am taking courses online while working. I knew if I didn’t have an obligation to sit down and tie then it would go by the wayside. I may not hop on and post as often as I'd like but this i going to help keep me sane!

Holy Crap. lets see...bass and panfish done, dry flys for March done ,but now, not correct, ummm BWOs done for BWO... decievers done for Salt. who gets these Bead headed rock caddis? ...... crap. this is what happens when youre in to many swaps. lesson learned.

I learned my lesson. I did a couple of swaps and figured through those that swaps ... aren't my cup-o'-tea.

PJ, I use a high end method of keeping up with my swaps. Post it note lmao

Write your swaps on it stick it to your bench cross them off when you mail. ;)

OK, EastTN's flies arrived today. Thanks. I'm still waiting to hear something from Armyflyguy. I've posted here and I've sent him a PM, but so far, no reply. Let's give it a few days in case he's out of town or whatever. I'll report back here in a few days, probably first of next week, either way.

Take care

BB

Thanks, Kennebec, I'm going to be tied up this weekend and so I'll try to start making some pictures the first of next week. If I haven't heard from Armyflyguy by the time I get the pictures done, I'll just send them out to everyone else.

Take care

BB

OK Guys, I finally found some time to make the pictures and sort out the flies. The only problem is that I sorted them today, Saturday afternoon and the PO closes at Noon on Saturday. I'll do my very best to get them in the mail on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I'll let you know when I get them out. I'm not going to do a lot of critique of the flies. Hopefully Henrik will do that for us. But I will say that all the flies look great to me and I believe they are all HIGHLY fishable. I'll make a few lame comments as we go along. Enjoy.

BB