Fly Tying
eide

June Flies from the vise

Tied this guy up in a storm of feathers and hair last night. First time really tying something large but just freestyling it. Didn't follow a pattern, but obviously had lots of inspiration, nothing groundbreaking in this guy from what i can see. But I am super proud of it. Thoughts?

whiteysmitey.jpg

Very nice job. Tie that in olive and you will have what is very close to my favorite big brown trout food, Galloup's Sex Dungeon.

That (polar flash?) synthetic hackle makes a great change over the schlappen.

Tied this guy up in a storm of feathers and hair last night. First time really tying something large but just freestyling it. Didn't follow a pattern, but obviously had lots of inspiration, nothing groundbreaking in this guy from what i can see. But I am super proud of it. Thoughts?

Very nice job. Tie that in olive and you will have what is very close to my favorite big brown trout food, Galloup's Sex Dungeon.

Yeah I took a lot of inspiration from the SD and Cheech's Slider for the head. The bodies are made of Medium Pearl chenille, then i took a white schlappen feather up it, then went inbetween each wrap of schlappen with a UV polar Chenille in silver (i think that was the color). The tail is a shad gray over white maribou, with the junction just having the shad gray. Hooks are a size 1 B10s back hook and a 1/0 for the front. Maybe a 2/0. It was all kinds of late when that guy came off the vise. Head is just white deer belly hair with a shad gray spot. Lead eyes painted yellow. 110 UTC white, then 200 GSP for the deer hair head. White and black centipede legs.

LOWRIDER%20PMD%20WampM%20NYMPH_zpsjgsoje

LOWRIDER PMD NYMPH (Jig/Wire/Mink) – Umpqua/Hanak C 400BL, #16…

SLIM%20ICE%20PMD%20NYMPHS%20GRP_zpsxyfu9

SLIM ICE & ICE PMD NYMPHs…#16's...

PT/TB

This is my humble entry.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Good work on that! I really need to start making some of these for the autumn fishing for salmon! Been using bombers previously, but would love to test out these!

Send it to me elusive. On the Cumberland if it ain't white it ain't right! Love that streamer!

Eide, you are a busy man!! Outstanding work as always. I don't fish salmon, but I would carry those just to show off.

Les

whiteysmitey.jpg

Looks like a mixture of a sex dungeon and an articulated complex twist bugger. Great stuff man!

Steve, got some time off, to tie flies? Or are you doubling up on the trips to the Mr. Coffee? What are the fibers coming from the nose and sweeping back? Is that flash that didn't sparkle in the camera view?

Trying to get a head start on filling the boxes for my annual 2 weeks at the cabin next month so starting to tie a few each night after building rods. It's got some yellow flash over the top hair.