Fly Tying
eide

June Flies from the vise

You can also use TheCream's technique to tie some micro chronomids, size 16 and smaller

post-54459-0-49263500-1465413253_thumb.jpg

SLIM%20ICE%20PMD%20NYMPH_zpsvcitvudo.jpg

SLIM ICE & ICE PMD NYMPH – Wiese/Variant – TMC 2488, #16 – #18…

OPAL%20amp%20BLACK%20PMD%20NYMPHS%20GRP_

OPAL & BLACK PMD NYMPHs…#18's...

PT/TB

First attempt at a craft fur bait fish. By all means please critique

Good stuff just could use a little trim with the scissors to taper the back to more of a point, mostly the belly. I like the top color to taper back farther than the belly color but that's just my preference. Good color combo and clean tying job, sure to be eaten.

You can also use TheCream's technique to tie some micro chronomids, size 16 and smaller

attachicon.gifDSC_0957.JPG

I like that idea Meeshkapost-37956-0-44447700-1465445260_thumb.jpg Also tied on a size #16 mustad C49S

Lots of good looking flies this month. I've finally used up my stock, so tomorrow, hopefully, I'll get to the vise and tie up some more. I might tie up some furled tail flies like Meeshka and Retro have posted ... but they won't be nearly as small. Small flies just catch tiny fish here in my home waters.

Steve, got some time off, to tie flies? Or are you doubling up on the trips to the Mr. Coffee? What are the fibers coming from the nose and sweeping back? Is that flash that didn't sparkle in the camera view?

56216AC6-77FA-4729-811D-8238761DB604_zps

Great crayfish. Brook trout up here love them. The ones that I tie don't look nearly as good, not even close.

Les

jock_scott_hairwing-1024x1024.jpg

Wings done!

#1/0, #4 & double #4
Wing consist of, from the left colum: Bucktail/Squirrel, Bucktail/Fox, Polar Bear/Fox

Tied this guy up in a storm of feathers and hair last night. First time really tying something large but just freestyling it. Didn't follow a pattern, but obviously had lots of inspiration, nothing groundbreaking in this guy from what i can see. But I am super proud of it. Thoughts?

whiteysmitey.jpg