Fly Tying
PJ2

Star Spangle Banner

Send him a message and ask.I for one wouldn't put my personal info out for all to see

Send him a message and ask.I for one wouldn't put my personal info out for all to see

Who asked him to post it? He should contact all of us in a PM where to send..Duh

I'll take the "duh" as sarcasm.

What has everyone ended up tying???I jumped in this one fast as heck and I have to say,i was stumped on mine at first!

Who asked him to post it? He should contact all of us in a PM where to send..Duh

Actually, I have always put my name and address right in the first post on any swap I've run. Since my time allotted to me on the Witness Protection Program has run out I quit worrying about it. If someone has reason to track me down to this little town I live in over an address in a fly fishing swap I'll probably be home. I know how some worry about things like personal info but since about anything is available on the web for about anybody if you want to hunt it down I'm not sure not going to worry about it.

And most guys who run the swaps only send out the addy after you request it. I guess after watching programs like Person of Interest and Cyber I don't worry too much about things that are so easily available anyway.

Actually, I have always put my name and address right in the first post on any swap I've run. Since my time allotted to me on the Witness Protection Program has run out I quit worrying about it. If someone has reason to track me down to this little town I live in over an address in a fly fishing swap I'll probably be home. I know how some worry about things like personal info but since about anything is available on the web for about anybody if you want to hunt it down I'm not sure not going to worry about it.

And most guys who run the swaps only send out the addy after you request it. I guess after watching programs like Person of Interest and Cyber I don't worry too much about things that are so easily available anyway.

What he said about x10

I post my email all the time and wouldn't have a problem posting my address either.

If a cyber criminal wants you,you won't be able stop them

1-4 Americans will have their identity stolen now days or have credit card fraud

Between me and my wife we have had credit card fraud 8 times in the last five years.

No big deal just something else to deal with, no money lost just an inconvenience.

Get used to it....Welcome to the new world order

"I post my email all the time and wouldn't have a problem posting my address either."

"Between me and my wife we have had credit card fraud 8 times in the last five years."

Perhaps the two statements are related?

You guys are correct, that criminals will get to you if they want to ... but it's like personal safety on the street.

You might get shot in a busy, bright lit store or other public place.

But the odds if you getting shot is MUCH higher if you decide to take a stroll through a known drug/gang alleyway.

"1-4 Americans will have their identity stolen now days or have credit card fraud"

Which is saying 6 out of 8 WON'T have theirs stolen.

1 person walks through the alley, the other 7 always stay in safer territory. The alley walker drops out of the statistic, because h put himself in harms way.

Thinking that way puts the statistic at, "1 out of 7 will have their identity stolen."

It's just an opinion. I try to "err" on the side of caution when I can.

wow this took a weird and dark turn. btw I'm the one in the alley.... waiting.......

Can any one PM me an address I'm going to the PO Friday am ..

Steve-stabgnid