deerhairdan

August Flies From the Vise

the video without all of the coding. copy paste method

Thank you ;)

Troutguy,

That's killer! That would be perfect around here as a Shad immitation

How about a short & sweet SBS?

Troutguy..awesome baitfish.

I was playing with materials last night. Went and tested some in a canal. The first is a deer hair head popper that has a good pop. The second was just something I threw together. A slow sinking baitfish looking thing. Also has good action in the water. The last was my first attempt at a parachute doo dad thing, like I've been seeing here. I only casted them a few times then changed flies. I believe they'll work.

post-59266-0-45074900-1470524986_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-77815000-1470525006_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-22643500-1470525023_thumb.jpg

post-3361-0-88032100-1470533002_thumb.jpeg

post-3361-0-97358900-1470533087_thumb.jpeg

Remove rope from Mylar tubing. Thread hook as shown. Now put one drop super glue and start thread near eye of hook. Tie long fibers top and bottom then tie shorter fibers top and bottom. Trim to shape. Fly is thin like Alewife. I haven't seen others like this. I have used it for over a decade. It is very simple.

This is the closest thing I have seen by Mark Tracy.

1262797_10151552964247003_1518211048_o.j

Yours would have much more movement because of the materials.

Kimo

Kimo

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Remove rope from Mylar tubing. Thread hook as shown. Now put one drop super glue and start thread near eye of hook. Tie long fibers top and bottom then tie shorter fibers top and bottom. Trim to shape. Fly is thin like Alewife. I haven't seen others like this. I have used it for over a decade. It is very simple.

Thx. What's the head material you are using?

dryfly.me_.2016.08.07.silver_grey-1024x6

Back from vacation and setting up the vice again! Here are some small silver grey hairwings that I'll bring up to northern Norway very soon... small rivers, SH rods, floating line and salmon hunting!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thx. What's the head material you are using?

Mike I am just using the craft fur and trimming it. Any fairly fine textured synthetic works. The Zap a gap or superglue that is used to attach eyes helps shape the head I guess. I press my forefinger and thumb on each eye compressing the fur.