Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bimini15

One video every tier should watch.

I love the monthly fly thread and the running fish pics thread, so I was thinking it would be cool to have a running list of "must see" fly tying videos.

It is a free form proposal, but I think I envision a list of tying tecniques and fly design videos rather than particular patterns.

I am starting with one on hook selection for articulated streamers

I love the monthly fly thread and the running fish pics thread, so I was thinking it would be cool to have a running list of "must see" fly tying videos.

It is a free form proposal, but I think I envision a list of tying tecniques and fly design videos rather than particular patterns.

I am starting with one on hook selection for articulated streamers

Good idea This could turn into a major resource

I'm not a big fan of Tim Cammisa ... too much talking (Sorry, Tim), but this is one of the few videos I've been able to find that shows how to whip finish by hand, and with the Matarelli and Thompson's whip finishers.

Plus a few other good techniques for the beginner.

This video shows a great technique at the end of it for using a hackle guard to help with finishing flies. Should be useful to new tiers. About 9:30 into the video is where he talks about it

This video shows a great technique at the end of it for using a hackle guard to help with finishing flies. Should be useful to new tiers.

Brilliant! Never seen that one before.

And check out the whole bar series. There is always something to learn when you see these excellent fly tiers tying their own pattern and not someone walking through how the perceive the pattern to be tied.

I'll post one more from Davie Mcphail to get things going. This he shows a great method for winging a dry fly when you don't have a matching wing pair. He also ties these with Indian rooster feathers rather than genetic.. something new tiers might get in their kits. Kind of a use what you got type video