Fly Tying
vicrider

Start thinking Christmas Swap

Vic

Mailed priority. Included a book of stamps in case someone was light on postage. There is a little gift for you in there as well. Thanks for undertaking the most difficult of swaps for the swapmeister.

Thanks Kudu. Stamps should be well covered in this swap. People are being more generous this year. Better economy? JOKING... As far as gifts for SM, yes there were a couple I glommed on to but for the most part everything extra in envelopes except money went into a big box of goodies. I am hoping I don't just send someone's gift back to them but if I do it is an accident of chance but as I fill envelopes going out I will just grab a few items from the goodies box and include them. Pure chance on those items and there were some who sent a lot of nice stuff to go out to members. Funny thing is that as I have done for a few years I ordered a Christmas package from the Mad Scientist to include with gifts so everyone should have a couple of items under the tree. Maybe someone else can run a swap for flies tied using something in the Christmas packages.

As far as those including extra flies, these with one exception for display I have put back into boxes. My need of flies is minimal and my desire to gift this Christmas is great so it should be a good year under the trees.

Nick

Vic

Please keep its fresh roasted and ground Baxters coffee, Lake Cumberland Blend. Its for you bud.

Kudu, I don't know why that didn't hit me right away. I've actually ordered from them a few times and yes...even though I'm no coffee connoisseur but Baxer's was good. Hard to keep in mind ordering and run out from coffee jar and had to break down and get store coffee. If I read you right it will be used. Tried a few and only I didn't care for was their Morning Blend. I told the wife they should rename it the Morning Bland. I mix my coffee kind of on the weak side and that one just didn't have the taste of their other blends I tried.

Thanks, Nick

ps...Or just thinking about being fair to all I could toss a few scoops in the envelope along with hair and dubbings..........

Guys, this swap has some extraordinary boxes for some lucky swappers. All of the boxes are great and I'll be putting on a separate thread soon to try to give a few options. There has also been a really large amount of goodies come in to add to the Christmas stockings. Not quite sure how I'm going to work that out but my plan now is to put everything in a box along with the Mad Scientist Gift Box stuff I ordered and make sure everyone gets a couple of random items to go under the tree also. On these items too if I can make it work I'll try to give a little choice in what you really use at your desk.

By the way, picked up like seven packages today from PO plus the return of those great steelhead hair wing flies from atx's swap. Great day.

Nick

Couple have theirs in the mail, couple had personal reasons to drop but I think I took them off, otherwise we'll still have a great swap out of this.

This is my first swap and I am getting really excited about it.

Thanks Vic for hosting. I am starting to understand what a pain it may be.

At the risk of seeming to meddle and to sound like your 3rd grade teacher, let me suggest to everyone who participated in the swap that you go to the latest Secret Santa thread, "Christmas Pictures And Comments From Santa" and thank whoever contributed the flies that you received. On the bottom of the fly box I received, there is a sticker put there by Vicrider that says "Merry Christmas," and "To" and "From" telling me who tied the flies that I received. If you participated in the swap, common decency requires that you at least say "Thank You" to whoever tied the set you received. If you haven't already done so, please, either here or preferably on the new thread please acknowledge that you received a set of flies. Even if you got a really lousy set, like the ones I tied, at least say "Thank You" for the box.

Rant mode off:

I hope everyone has a happy and prosperous New Year.

BB

BB

Just so you know just because the box says from member

xxxx doesn’t mean all the flies in the box are from that member only.

You are correct, Mike West. I think that nearly all of mine came from Rick Zieger and also the box, but probably some of the flies came from someone else. In fact, I think that I may have at least one of yours for which I am very grateful. It's a trimmed deer hair bass bug. I'm colorblind, (red and green) which means that I can't tell blue and purple apart, among some other problems, but I would say that the popping bug is mostly blue (but it might be purple), with some other colors included. If that is, indeed, one of your creations, then I want to thank you as well.

Take care

BB