Fly Tying
barrytheguide

Giving Feather Emporium a second chance?

Lol Mike, your last two sentences rings with me. I've always thought that if I ran a business I should have the right to refuse service, but I don't know if that is how things really work in 2017 - this era. You can't discriminate when you run a business and there shouldn't be such behavior if a customer willingly pays (and has the capacity to pay as easily as the next person can - that is, doesn't try to rip the business off by trying to pass bad check or credit or whatever...) for a product or service.

But there are 'those' people that just expect those that run a business to kiss their a$$ - and I just don't have a taste for that sort of thing.

Oh, your first two sentences are pretty spot on too.

BCT

I hope the mods will not let this thread get out of hand. As the OP I dont have a problem with them locking it at any time. Its my opinion there is to much negativity around at the moment.

Im hoping the owner of FE will read this and address their problems and Im sure they will get a lot of business from forum members.

Barry I think it's more a fact of your choice of topic than negativity going around on the site. The day after a bit of a heated discussion in that other thread you post a thread about giving F.E another chance knowing that not even a month ago there was a big heated debate about his service at F.E. FTF is not a negative type site by any means, but the choice of topic is what spurs that emotion in some people.

Far as F.E goes if someone wants to deal with them then that's their choice, if people choose not to then that is their choice as well. They should deal with businesses they feel comfortable dealing with. Being a small business owner myself I know how hard work it can be at times, hence my 13hr days in the shop the past 2 weeks to fill rod orders on time. With that said it's not hard to keep a good name and avoid bad reviews as long as you work hard and keep your customers updated as to where their order stands.

Owner visits here, other members have direct communication with him. Since I was early respondent I am not moderating the thread, just regular member like everyone else. If he makes demonstrable, course corrections I anticipate we are all winners. 2 cents

Lol Mike, your last two sentences rings with me. I've always thought that if I ran a business I should have the right to refuse service, but I don't know if that is how things really work in 2017 - this era. You can't discriminate when you run a business and there shouldn't be such behavior if a customer willingly pays (and has the capacity to pay as easily as the next person can - that is, doesn't try to rip the business off by trying to pass bad check or credit or whatever...) for a product or service.

But there are 'those' people that just expect those that run a business to kiss their a$$ - and I just don't have a taste for that sort of thing.

Oh, your first two sentences are pretty spot on too.

BCT

Actually you can discriminate when you run your own business. You can discriminate against law abiding citizen who practice their 2nd amendment right to bear arms or those who wish to go with out shirts or shoes.

If what you are saying is that a business owner CAN refuse service or sell a product because a [potential customer is a a$$hole, I'm glad to hear it. Unreasonable customers shouldn't think that they own the place. Just my opinion folks.

Having said this, I do NOT think service or selling a product should be withheld from a customer because the customer's race, religious belief, etc...

BCT

this really makes no sense regardless of the time of year. It's actually the season to avoid slow spotty service. I'll take a pass so as not to slow down the packing and shipping of your orders.

pd, I failed to apologize to you, also. I re-iterate but, pd and flytire I am sorry for my Ready-Fire-Aim commentary. I have Karmic Konfirmation that I went out of bounds. Shortly, after I posted I was holding my infant grandson and he hurled his breakfast all over my torso.

No need to apologize to me ever. The diverse and differing opinions of others or the responses to my opinions do not offend me in the least. You would have to cross my leader to begin to offend me.

If what you are saying is that a business owner CAN refuse service or sell a product because a potential customer is an a$$hole ...

Having said this, I do NOT think service or selling a product should be withheld from a customer because the customer's race, religious belief, etc...

BCT

Unfortunately, the two are indistinguishable in the eyes of the law.

As it stands now, in liberal public and court perception, any reason you have to deny service or products is unjustified.

The Supreme Court will rule in June on the “gay wedding cake” case.

If a business can discriminate customers, customers can discriminate business.

No need for lawyers.

Anyone ever had a Ptarmigan skin? My research indicates the Colorado version doesn't have a wide range compared to other North American species, two found in Alaska and/or Canada. Legal to hunt in Colorado?

Never had ptarmigan or any other harder to find skin. Would like to acquire grouse and snipe skins. I did find a natural light colored partridge at the flyshop/cafe place on the Madison between the lakes. Talk about some nice dry fly capes!!! That place is a wonderland. That partridge I bought there was definitely worth the price.

FE doesn't list ptarmigan but he does show Blue Cotingas; 4 feathers $45 heck of a deal if you need it. http://www.featheremporium.com/Exotic-Feathers/softbills/cotinga.html

@OP, I never bought from him, so a second chance would be impossible for me at this time. Great web catalog and if he actually has all that in stock he should get quite a lot of business other than from this forum . Up to him to make customers happy though.

Please update us on how your order goes. When I have the need for something special, well who knows..

Beautiful dun variants,maybe

FE doesn't list ptarmigan but he does show Blue Cotingas; 4 feathers $45 heck of a deal if you need it. http://www.featheremporium.com/Exotic-Feathers/softbills/cotinga.html

@OP, I never bought from him, so a second chance would be impossible for me at this time. Great web catalog and if he actually has all that in stock he should get quite a lot of business other than from this forum . Up to him to make customers happy though.

Please update us on how your order goes. When I have the need for something special, well who knows..

Beautiful dun variants,maybe

tjm, I found 1 Ptarmagin full skin for about 30 bucks on first search, decided to be a wise consumer and price check other sources, came back in 45 minutes to pull trigger and it was sold. The seller appeared to be a hide and fur dealer in, of all places, Wyoming that seems to be expanding their repetoir. This was before this thread was posted so I am pulling for FE to pull ...... it together.