Fly Tying

I spoke to a gentleman a few weeks ago who is a professional tier about Fly Tyer's Dungeon. He really likes what they have but did say sometimes it can be a little slow getting his order. But he always gets it.

He said overall he is very happy with them.

I'm a professional tyer and have never had a problem getting his material, no complaints and use a lot of his stuff, all the dubbings congo hair flash materials.

I tie 1000's of flies a season for some local shops, I use the congo hair for the EP style flies, mix in a little starburst and you have a great combo.

I use the Bull Frawg dubbing for crab patterns, ( we have a lot of green crabs here in the NE)

I use the Sea Dragon dubbing for a smaller size 10-16 wolly bugger style fly, it looks great in the water, and the micro legs are far more durable then hackle.

The flash selection is other worldly, the crystal web is a lot like DNA but a fraction the price and i think the colors are better.

I have been using their materials for 2 years now and I couldn't be happier.

Hope this helps!

Dont know about his latest dubbings, but Bull Frawg mixed in with Arctic Wind seems to me like a good sub for Senyos Laser Dub.

And the fishies approve...

post-52874-0-25066500-1517948009_thumb.jpeg

post-52874-0-56225300-1517948037_thumb.jpeg

Dont know about his latest dubbings, but Bull Frawg mixed in with Arctic Wind seems to me like a good sub for Senyos Laser Dub.

And the fishies approve...

attachicon.gif20FC1513-99FF-467C-9FF8-8E12A0B59BEF.jpeg

attachicon.gif123E5E99-CF34-45BA-A491-77EFC05EE394.jpeg

Have you ever posted any bass patterns made with The Fly Tyer Dungeon's materials? I recently have begun to tie bass, musky and pike patterns.

Have you ever posted any bass patterns made with The Fly Tyer Dungeon's materials? I recently have begun to tie bass, musky and pike patterns.

This is the box I tied for the Christmas swap, which I still do not know under whose tree it ended.

I think they all used some FTD materials in one way or another. Maybe not the gurglers...

post-52874-0-99764500-1518044095_thumb.jpeg

I was fortunate to be able to attend the FTD open house in October.

The colors really jump out at you when you see them in person, the website does a fairly good job, but nothing like seeing them in person.

You will not be disappointed in his products. Large amount for less dollars.

Feel free and talk to him, he is very knowledgeable and loves to help out where he can.

Sandflyx those are some outstanding bugs!

I got in on FTD's Christmas boxes a couple years ago, that's pay dirt.