Fly Tying
Mike West

Warm Water “Top to Bottom” Swap

Zip, did your order the popper bodies and put them on Hooks? If so did you get kinked hooks to minimize the tendency to roll on the hooks? Where did you order from and did they have bodies already set up on hooks? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dubs.... do what ever you want. Just 4 Topwater 4 steamers 4 Bottom bouncers

Zip...nice job...looks good

And thx for joining to the rest of you.

Vicrider...yep you got it

I updated the 1st post.

Sorry for the delay Ive been sick..sitting at the Docs office now.

Edit:

And Flytier...excellent work as usual!

Zip...Tips?

Lots of practice.

Ive bet youve noticed the double Barrel poppers are perfectly smooth compared to the Waspi Poppers. So what I do to get rid of all those fuzzy bumps is sand them right off the bat with some 600 grit sandpaper ...And that still wont do it but it does make them better. I lay a couple coats of water based

Sealer/poly over them before I begin to paint, then touch that up with 600 grit.

Then every color gets a thin coat of poly or thinned Liquid Fushion over it so the next coat of paint and I make a mistake it wipes right off without jacking up the layer under it...especially doing the eyes.

Zip, did your order the popper bodies and put them on Hooks? If so did you get kinked hooks to minimize the tendency to roll on the hooks? Where did you order from and did they have bodies already set up on hooks? Inquiring minds want to know.

I use J. Stockard for just about everything.The bodies I got are the Raineys bodies in pee-wee and mini mee sizes.The frogs are large and XL double barrel.The hooks are Mustad popper hooks thay have the kink.I put on a good base of thread,put on gel glue and then put the body on.You can buy some on hooks I believe.Hope this helps buddy!

Zip...Tips?

Lots of practice.

Ive bet youve noticed the double Barrel poppers are perfectly smooth compared to the Waspi Poppers. So what I do to get rid of all those fuzzy bumps is sand them right off the bat with some 600 grit sandpaper ...And that still wont do it but it does make them better. I lay a couple coats of water based

Sealer/poly over them before I begin to paint, then touch that up with 600 grit.

Then every color gets a thin coat of poly or thinned Liquid Fushion over it so the next coat of paint and I make a mistake it wipes right off without jacking up the layer under it...especially doing the eyes.

Using fusion over each layer is genius!I never thought of that!I really like working with those double barrels.Didnt have any issues with fuzzies thankfully.

zip if you end up making a bunch of these check out the umpqua u series popper hooks, I haven't priced many of the kinked popper hooks but so far with every other type of hook they've been half the price of other name brands.

I keep an 8 with me anytime I fly fish