Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Another big project in the works

I'm gonna say the home theater room is about 90% done now. Total of about 2 months to go from full stacked storage area with paths to move around, to this. So happy with the progress. Still have a few things left like get some covers to hide a few cables, have a few more pictures and movie posters, and a few more things to finish on the stairway but it's usable and enjoyable now. Watched my first Blue Ray movie in there last night (Wrath of the Titans) Sound system and picture quality was great, and fresh popcorn made it that much better :)

fqeQBV.jpg
E3E49Y.jpg
znZ46Y.jpg
Yl6YMN.jpg
O1BTQc.jpg
ye99UY.jpg
spkoiq.jpg
uYEC1J.jpg
Uqhskr.jpg
iS5qzk.jpg
XFniCF.jpg
HPs1DQ.jpg
Rn55ci.jpg
SflqNF.jpg

As always your, ahem, attention to detail is remarkable. You really need to have a set of remote opening red curtains in front of the TV! LOL

Swamp

You know me too well :) I was just tellin Mike the other night that I plan to buy 3 of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/56-Velvet-Rope-Crowd-Control-Stanchion-Post-Queue-Line-Barrier-Red-Gold-Sliver/123243672448?var=423649450340

Then I am gonna paint some 2" PVC with chrome paint and make some round bases and those will be against the wall at the turn at the top of the stairs so it's more like a real theater entrance.

Wait. Just. One. Minute !!! You have Gollum ... Jon Snow ... AND a Snitch ... on the same shelf ?!?!?! You? Mr. OCD ???

No worries, as I get more Game of Thrones figures Gollum and the Snitch will get moved to other places so all the GOT figures will be in that cabinet smile.png

Also just to show my OCD did come into play there. If you notice the Jon Snow is smaller. That's a Mcfarlane figure while the others are the larger Dark Horse collectable figures. So the Jon Snow is the oddball out of the GOT figures right now so he went on the shelf with the two non- GOT collectables because of that laugh.png

So the Jon Snow is the oddball out of the GOT figures right now so he went on the shelf with the two non- GOT collectables because of that laugh.png

John Snow WAS the oddball in the show, too! He was also shorter than most of the other fighters. So it fits.

O3Pync.jpg

When I die I want the term "detail oriented" used rather than OCD as OCD is too judgmental Can't have a home theater without a box office. Made this tonight out of a 1x4 framework, clear acrylic sheet from a poster frame, a strainer for a sink, and some curtains for a kitchen window from Walmart. Made it so the inner curtains are inside the acrylic like a real ticket window would be.

Detail fixated? Is that what you said?

Whatever the terminology, can't say it's a bad thing. You've created a hell of a movie room!

You're going to leave some one an incredible gift in a will at some point Steve.

How's the outside doing now the weathers changed. Are all the bonsai having to come in or do they benefit from a little frost?

That will be my Nephew. With losing my Sister this year it got me to thinking that I really needed to make sure I got my affairs in order in case something happens to me. So a short while back I started looking at what the procedure is for a will. After finding out some things about my Niece we are now no longer speaking to each other (long story) so my Nephew will be getting pretty much everything I leave behind. He deserves it, he's always been an upstanding hard working guy.

All the tropicals came in about 2 weeks ago so those are downstairs under the lights for the winter now. The others like the English yew, junipers and other temperate trees are still outside and will stay out for another couple weeks then those will go into the shed for the winter after the first frost. Those need a dormant period so they will spend the winter in the dark cold shed.

Yep. It's something I have always known about how she was but never wanted to actually face/believe it. You can't go through life treating people, especially your family, poorly and expect to get away with it forever. At a certain point you just have to let selfish uncaring people make their own mistakes and not burden yourself with their terrible life choices.