Fly Tying
Landon P

Worst advice you could give

"The only people that put materials and tools away after each tying session are just to lazy to look for stuff"😃

I have 1 cat also. Luckily my bench is high enough were she cant jump up. I still put my stuff away. 

Hey JS !!!  Infrequent as they are, good to see you pop in once in a while !!!

One of our outside cats just caught a Mockingbird yesterday, by jumping 6 feet straight up and snatching it off a feeder.  Unless your bench is more than 6 feet high, your cat can jump onto it.

Zip through tying videos with the volume off to eliminate most of the commentary and focus on just the stages of pattern completion.

(This is OK for videos by rooky presenters who waste time with ego tripping, pointless material fondling, beer sipping, insipid music, and general lack of preparation.  But the master tyers with communication skills actually demonstrate useful techniques; advise on proper proportions and the selection of materials; and help you set a high bar for making  improvements in your own work.)

Rocco 

"If something’s hard to do, then it’s not worth doing. You just stick that fly tying stuff in the garage next to your guitar, your short-wave radio, your karate outfit, and your unicycle and we’ll go watch TV".  -Homer Simpson

Couldn’t for the life of me find my expensive HungarianPartrige skin.   Look around and this guy had a feather on his muzzle.  😳

6C33DDAB-E9FC-4E7A-AE78-0E15DE325580.png