Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tyer - Fly Swap #2 - Nymphs - Registration is now closed

This swap is now closed - 2 more sets of flies to go from Tier 1!  Since all of Tier 2 are in they will be dropped in the mail by tommorrow!  GREAT JOB from the "senior" circuit !

This is the second of a series of swaps I am offering for the fishing "off season".  It will be open for a minimum of 6 tiers and a maximum of two 10 tier tiers.  This is the second of the series - NYMPHS (the first in the series was for the STREAMER type of flies).  As far as this swap is concerned a "nymph is a pattern tied on any hook that is 3 XL or shorter and is made to mimic the aquatic part of an insects life.  Though wet flies/soft hackles do fall under this definition - the THIRD PART of this tying swap series will address these flies.  For these patterns think bottom dwellers and not swimmers.

All participants will receive a fly tying gift for participating.

Sign-up will end on November 1st.  All flies must be received by December 15th.  DO NOT forget your toe tags!

If this is your first swap read the articles at the top of this forum section.  Any questions please feel free to PM me by clicking on my WWKimba name on this swap and you will be connected to write/send me a PM (private message).  Most important - HAVE FUN!

Tier #1 -beginner tiers

1 - haziz -  caddis fly lava pattern

2- gpnfishWW - Wooly Worm

3- Swmalone - WD-40 - received

4 - bowsbrownsbrookies - Hart's Dark Lord-received

5 - Landon P - American Pheasant Tail - received

6 - TWall - Preggo Scud Variant - received

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

Tier #2 - intermediate tiers

1 -  BHouk - Biot Emerger - received

2 - John1986 - received

3 - stabgnid - received

4 - Chris_in_Louisiana - Burnt Chenille Caddis - received

5 - DarrellP - Prince Nymph - received

6 - Shmang - PT Variant Tungsten Attractor - received

7 - Sandan - Hopper Juan's Slim Shady 5.0 - received

8 - niveker - Gartside Sparrow - received

9 -

10 - 

The next swap in this series is going to be WET FLIES/SOFT HACKLE FLY patterns, keep an eye out!  NOTE: You do NOT have to be part of previous or future swaps in this series to join this swap.

Glad to participate!  I have a book, "Tying Nymphs" by Charlie Craven.  I'm in with a Biot Emerger.  (And count me in for the wet flies as well.)

2 hours ago, BHouk said:

Glad to participate!  I have a book, "Tying Nymphs" by Charlie Craven.  I'm in with a Biot Emerger.  (And count me in for the wet flies as well.)

Usually very experienced tiers are, by definition OLD!  You are putting this old memory to the test! :)  I will keep you in mind.  Now what were we talking about...

I would like to participate if you need another tier, but will hold off for now to give other, newer tiers/members a chance to enter.    I consider myself an advanced beginner.

Also, I would like to urge any newer members/tiers who are sitting on the fence of joining this (or any swap) you should really take the plunge.  Tying up a dozen flies of one kind, (or 10 in this case) especially when they are going to someone else, is a really great way to hone your skills, and you get a bunch of great flies tied by others to boot!

We now have 6 tiers in this swap so it is a go!  Thanks stabgnid and John1986 for rounding out the top 6.  More openings are still left!

1 hour ago, niveker said:

I would like to participate if you need another tier, but will hold off for now to give other, newer tiers/members a chance to enter.    I consider myself an advanced beginner.

Also, I would like to urge any newer members/tiers who are sitting on the fence of joining this (or any swap) you should really take the plunge.  Tying up a dozen flies of one kind, (or 10 in this case) especially when they are going to someone else, is a really great way to hone your skills, and you get a bunch of great flies tied by others to boot!

Thanks for the support!  I planned this series of swaps just for new tiers, intermediate tiers that want to pick up some feedback/hints/tricks or who have not participated in a swap in the past.  So far I'm getting a good turnout and already got some good flies in from the first in the series.

Just now, DarrellP said:

l will play.  Put me down for a prince nymph  I will also participate in the wet fly swap.

You are in!

23 minutes ago, Sandan said:

If you need another body I'll play. Let me know

You are in and welcome!  Let me know your pattern when you can and I'll add it to the list.

Kim

19 hours ago, WWKimba said:

Usually very experienced tiers are, by definition OLD!  You are putting this old memory to the test! :)  I will keep you in mind.  Now what were we talking about...

Never claimed to be young... even when I was young.  And now that I'm old I don't remember being young.

3 minutes ago, BHouk said:

now that I'm old I don't remember being young

My grandfather always said "Your memory is the second thing to go"