Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicente

latest knives out of the shop

Just finished these 2 up, I've been feeling like making something Japanese inspired that wasn't a kitchen knife for a while now so that ones just for fun, the other is one for a client.

The first one is black burlap micarta with orange g10 pins and liners 15n20 hc steel for the blade.

The second is nitro-v stainless with white and orange g10 liners and early copper core from a guy named Tim Kipps, it's copper mesh and burlap cast in transparent colored resin.

20201006_113307.jpg

20201006_113216.jpg

20201006_123153.jpg

20201006_123228.jpg

was bored waiting for ups, had a few minutes to kill, liked your knife photo so I pilfered the pic and did a fast run through photoshop.

:)

knf.jpg

Thanks guys, xterrabill I might just have to pilfer that pilfered and doctored picture, some of the handle materials would probably be pretty fun to play with on photo shop especially if it was taken with more light.

I did a little raffle fundraiser to help a few families from my home town/area that lost their houses in a wild fire this year,  did this little chefs knife and paring knife both in nitro-v stainless, the handle on the paring knife came from a materials raffle that was for another knife maker who lost either his home or shop to a fire last year.

20201019_184750.jpg

20201019_123815.jpg