Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

I don't post much but when I do....

Photo didn't load.

But does now and looks good. I like the cross wraps you've done.

It loaded for me but it's smaller than the view in the post. Suggest you save it as a jpg to your computer, then use the "more reply options" to post a thumbnail, which will then enlarge when clicked on.

BTW it's a pretty rod... what size and wt?

So if I am posting from Photobucket (maybe an old school way but all i was familiar with at the time) What size is best for these forums as for viewers.

Its a 9 foot 5 weight blank...four piece. I have built quite a few now on these titanium color blanks and have never been unsatisified. Glad the picture at least showed up NOW if could get some help sizing I will be golden

I used to post mine from Smugmug and everything worked out fine. One day Smugmug changed their format a bit and now nothing will load anywhere, any forum I belong to. I tried the computer based upload after that and everything says it's too big to display, even down to tiny little thumbnails . Actually life is simpler this way, I don't bother with photos !

your fly rod photo looks fine. no need for changes

posting your photos to photobucket is perfectly ok

i prefer to resize my photo to 600 pixels wide. i resize all of my photos using photo editing software. my preference

after you post your photo to photobucket use the edit button and resize your photo to 600 pixels wide. make sure to save a copy

i'm not a big fan of thumbnails that you have to click on to see any details

the following photo is 600 pixels wide

Black%20Nose%20Dace%20Variant_zpsijpriz7

If you're posting the fullsized pic on the message (not a thumbnail), I tend to prefer seeing about 750 pixels wide (just my own preference). And the maximum pic file size (collectively) is 2mb. You can get a 750 pixel pic easily with much lower file size. Main thing is you don't want it wider than the page (so we have to slide back and forth to see the whole thing). Also, as Flytire said, your original pic was plenty big to view, without linking to a photobucket image (which in this case turned out to be smaller than what you actually posted).

9ft 5wt is a great size all around. Good for fishing from a kayak or canoe with the extra length.

the above photo is 600 pixels wide. big enough for me and forums

count them youll see! :)

The second one was larger than my screen, although the fly itself was all visible on the screen. Had it been a landscape scene, it would require the viewer to either left-right arrow to see it all, or Ctrl-(minus) to shrink the page.