Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Getting back in shape

Around 8 years ago I got tired of being fat (402lbs) was tired of how I looked as well as how I felt. I couldn't walk more than 5 minutes in a store without my back hurting me. So I changed my lifestyle and lost about 175lbs. I have managed to keep most it off over the years, but I did put a few lbs back on this past winter. So I decided to nip it in the bud and went back to eating better and exercising (bike about 5-8 miles per day). Weighed myself this morning and I have dropped 21lbs in the past month. I think I may tryin' lose another 15-20lbs over the summer, but overall pretty close to my goal again.

fLUymIX.jpg

Ummm ... nice picture of your weapons corner.  Since this is a thread about your weight loss, you should've taken a picture of yourself.  Instead of one of your fishing rods in the middle of that picture, it could be you standi ....

WAIT !!!!  That IS you !!!!

Congrats on getting/keeping in shape Steve.

Wish I had the drive to get back in shape before it's too late. I walk, but hate running and or speed walking, should try a bike and a better diet. Always disliked PT and after I retired, I started cooking (and eating) things that are not on the low-fat diet plan. I could drop 50 or so pounds to make my better half and cardiologist happy before I over stress the stints. I keep telling myself next week I'll start but it never happens.

very commendable SD! I know it was not an easy task to loose 175 lbs. I battled like hell to lose 35 lbs. I religiously maintain my weight at 212 lbs through a proper diet and walking 4 to 7 miles every night rain or shine. I also weigh myself every day at the same time and I adjust my diet and exercise every day to maintain my preferred weight. I am intimately aware of what I eat, how I exercise and its effects on my weight. It’s probably a little OCD but I found if I don’t do it I can pack the weight back on in a matter of a month. Much easier to make minor daily adjustments. Good luck with your maintenance. 

Man, Steve, 402 is a good chunk of change.  Good on you for getting there and staying there.  

Awesome display of will power Steve!  I'm on the new inflation/price of fuel diet where government policies drive a hyperinflationary economy so that I can't afford food.  I'm looking forward to the new me! 🙂

5 hours ago, DFoster said:

Awesome display of will power Steve!  I'm on the new inflation/price of fuel diet where government policies drive a hyperinflationary economy so that I can't afford food.  I'm looking forward to the new me! 🙂

You will get lots of exercise by walking.