Fly Tying
flytire

September Flies From the Vise

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it. I just tried to post something from my phone and got the forbidden message. Opened up the site on a different browser on my phone, posted without a problemĀ šŸ¤”

While I can't edit, I have not had any problem loading images.

Walts Worm.JPG

Symphony Yard.JPG

Utter, Nice looking nymphs. Ā Well proportioned. Ā What is the body material for the first version?

Ā 

(For the past month or two I have not been able to advance to the next page on a topic or go back on the pages by either using the PREV or arrow or pressing on the page number. Ā This feature worked in the past. Ā Any suggestions on how to remedy this please send me a message. Ā Thank you.)

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Partridge said:

Utter, Nice looking nymphs. Ā Well proportioned. Ā What is the body material for the first version?

Ā 

(For the past month or two I have not been able to advance to the next page on a topic or go back on the pages by either using the PREV or arrow or pressing on the page number. Ā This feature worked in the past. Ā Any suggestions on how to remedy this please send me a message. Ā Thank you.)

Ā 

Ā 

Partridge, if you're talking about being on your phone and not able to use the forward/back - I found that on my phone if I click the fwd/back button and hold down on it;Ā  it will bring up a link and I can click that link and it'll go to the next page.Ā  Maybe it'll work on your type of phone too?

I have made my own dubbing for decades, and just put the blends in a box, don't know for sure what it was.Ā Ā The first nymph, is some tan fur, but I can't tell you what it was.Ā  The second leech pattern is just Symphony Yarn, nothing else.Ā 

Here are a few dry flies from yesterday:Ā  First is a Royal Stomper, then a Humpy Stomper.Ā  On my last trip someone in camp gave me a few, and they did work but not as well as the small Stimulators we were using,Ā Ā 

Royal Stomper.JPG

Humpy Stomper.JPG

Tried yesterday to post a few pics of two patterns I've been working on yesterday - and got the "Forbidden" message... Let's try again and see if maybe this time it works...

AXR9lZc.jpg

Two attempts to edit the above post - two failures... with a reply stating - this post not accepting any additional info - too much time elapsed to be able to edit (when the elapsed time was actually less than three minutes..). Hope our tech wizards can sort this out.... Frustrating...

Iā€™ll settle for a 13 year old with serious computer skills since my grandkids have better skills in that area than I doā€¦

Rio Grande King, Trude style variant

IMG-20220909-080338.jpg

Hook: #14 nymph

Thread: black

Tag: gold tinsel

Tail: GP tippets

Body: black hare

Wing: kip tail, white

Hackle: furnace, hen

Ā 

Rio Grande King, Trude style variant #2

IMG-20220909-084330.jpg