Fly Tying
Trouttramp

The challenge thread!

Henry's Lake Pupa

History from Fly Anglers Online 

This fly started out as the Andelle Dragon, which was an inspiration by the French dry-fly pattern called the Andelle. It is identical to the Henry's Lake Pupa except the body is green seals' fur. In mid-summer on Henry's Lake, a very large caddisfly emerges at twilight. During a day's fishing, the empty husks from these caddis can be seen all over the water. This pattern is designed to imitate the emerging caddis.

hook- Mustad 94831 2xl dry fly, thread- pale orange, body- orange & brown seal mixed with gold rib, pupa bubble- wood duck flank, collar style, secured at rear to form tail, pushed to form bubble, hackle- partridge tied collar style, head- brown seal. -colors reflect October caddis

Next fly an alevin pattern of your choice.

hloc.jpg

lets get some new challengers to tie up some of these challenge flies

otherwise its basically the same 3-4 tyers tying them

15 minutes ago, Northcaddis said:

Might not be an alevin.

The alevin is what you make it. I did not specify a particular pattern, but generally they have eyes part of the egg sack still being consumed and a body. You did well 👍

I have reached out above, pm message and email to @northcaddis to change his next challenge fly as the october caddis has already been tied, but he has not responded

therefore i will tie a different october caddis than what has already been tied to continue to keep the challenges moving along

October Caddis Soft Hackle 1080.JPG

October Caddis Soft Hackle

Hook - Curved

Bead - Black brass or tungsten

Thread - Orange

Body - Orange swannundaze or substitute

Thorax - Orange ice dubbing

Hackle - Black hen

Head - Black ice dubbing

I'll take the Extended body mayfly I'll do the Feather Bender one with the strip of latex glove to make the extended body.