Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DarrellP

I apologize

I apologize if my previous post offended anyone.  The reason that I suggested cash or stamps be sent is that my post office will not send anything over 1/4 inch thick without the sender declaring them free of hazardous items.  Also, they will not take anything that is pre stamped with returned label from another post office.  At least that is how it is here in the peoples republic of Oregon.  There are still some foam flies missing in the mail from a year ago because I put them in the postal bin without going to the front desk.

Each swap meister is responsible for his or her own return mailing and can do as they see fit.

I also apologize if I don't immediately post that I have received fly shipments on my swap but I don't check my mail every day.

I would like to extend the same apology if my response offended anyone.  As well as state that I was not offended, in case anyone got that impression from my vigorous response.  

My hat is will always be tipped to the extra work all the swapmeister's take on.  

I had no problem with the suggestion, either, Darrell. I thought the discussion that ensued from your post was productive, until it was abruptly shut down. As I said in one of my responses, I see it as SM's choice, and I will abide by whatever any given SM requests. 

When I was doing the return sase, one time I had some issue and had to go to the counter. I was told it was over a certain thickness and had to be mailed as a package, which is a higher rate. I told them had no trouble with this in the past and was told I was lucky it got where it was going. I guess it depends on your local post office and who you have to deal with. Personally not offended, just trying to do what works and what is requested by swapmaster. As they are are the ones handling that part. A dollar or two makes no difference to me, but understand it might for some. I just want a swapmaster putting out their own money on top of the effort they put into these swaps.

The vest way to do it is put your flies in whatever you want yours back in, and include a self addressed envelope with a $5 stamp or $5 bill.  Will likely be $6 some day soon.  

VERY soon!  And when someone offers an idea to help out a situation, I will NEVER feel upset with the sender!

Kim

So Darrell, apologizes should be on my end. Maybe when you get old and set in your ways it's harder to change tradition even if times are changing. Seems like more postal workers are looking for reasons to give us a hard time when it is us that are paying their wages. So the thread you posted is open and pinned at top for now and people can make their own decisons on this. Believe it or not I've gone full circle on this since this last swap had a few problems with short stamps after weighing them.

Nick

Darrell,

No need to apologize, your good.

THANK YOU for being swap master for this swap! Super set of flys.  
Sorry to hear you have had health problems, glad you are better. 

When sending in flys to a swap master, I put flys in the first envelope WITH  the return envelope,  with correct postage on both. I go to the post office and they determine the exact postage both ways. Then all the swap master has to do is put the return fly set in the second envelope, that already has exact postage and address and send it off. Yes, you do have to go to the post office to send them off because of the thickness of the fly box.

You didn’t need to send back the original envelope I used for shipping to you.  Yes this might be a waste of a 65Cent envelope, but it just seems like the easiest way to go..

Hanks again, good job!