Fly Tying
Gene L

Speaking of vises

Well, we weren't speaking of vises and it's already been worked on this board, so It's unusual when something entirely new (to me) is featured.  So there is the MDK vise, American made with the "stem" of the vise about 2-3 inches in diameter.  Steel stem, weighs  8 pounds. The jaws look to be hard to get to with your off hand.  It looks like it was designed by Homer Simpson, the episode where he designed a car.  Supposedly this is the work of engineers, the design at least, but it's clumsy looking and sacrifices a lot of utility for weight.  It spins very freely, but I don't think spinning freely is all that desirable unless it's a NorVise.  Price is right at $600. 

MDK Vise – mdkvise

I had to look also. Lots better, IMHO, on the market for 6 bills.  How would you attach a profile plate or a gallows tool(I don't use one but...)? Weld 'em on? I like that rube goldberg reference.  

I’d rather keep the money. I say that about every vise that costs over 300 bucks but it really applies to this vise.  What does somebody have against money that they would willingly trade it for that thing? 

3 hours ago, flytire said:

from down under

I kinda like the style of these three, they would make good travel vises, I think.   

original-scaled.jpg

fly-vice-simple-scaled.jpg

fly-vice-standard-scaled.jpg

1 hour ago, Sandan said:

You have way too much time on your hands Norm. 😉

thats what retired people have...too much time to do nothing 👍👍😁😁