Fly Tying
fcflyguy

Football team Clousers!!!!!!!!!&#3

Quick question: I'm tying in eagles colors, and i was wondering if I can use Chartruse with dark green highlights instead of solid dark green?

Gary.....probably a pinch of flash, maybe even no silver at all.....not too sure just yet

OK, thanks.

I was thinking of going in with The Raiders (I'm from Madden's era) but I'll need silver (or at least grey) bucktail....

Cheers!

Gary

Oh yea we are getting their

Gary are you in???????????

FC

Not yet, Bro' ... I'm still looking to see if I can get silver bucktail anywhere near here.

Hey, you should keep it open until you have 1 tier for each NFL team! (talk about a display collection)

Cheers!

Gary

Oh yea we are getting their

Gary are you in???????????

FC

Not yet, Bro' ... I'm still looking to see if I can get silver bucktail anywhere near here.

Hey, you should keep it open until you have 1 tier for each NFL team! (talk about a display collection)

Cheers!

Gary

What about using silver tinsel or krystal flash or whatever?

I don't anticipate having much trouble finding dark green and bright yellow bucktail for the Packers.

What colors are going to be used on the one for New England Patriots (I'm guessing Red, White and Blue)? I'd like to join in with the Buffalo Bills, but they have the same colors. I'd be willing to tie another combination of colors if you have a suggestion (and I have the colors...)

Count me in (oh boy... my first swap). I'll go with the Browns. I can tie them with an orange belly and a brown wing (supposed to be good fishing colors...)

Ray: The Patriots fly will have a blue wing, white underwing, and a red thread band for gills (tying off the wings behind the eyes). Am trying to figure out how to get the silver of the Patriots' colors into the fly, and will probably tie in silver Krystal Flash between the wing and underwing.

-- Bill

The color matches are tough. I looked every where for maroon bucktail. I did find a similar color but it's definately not a perfect match. :huh: My Redskin Clauser will also have a little flash and some yellow/gold floss. The most important thing is that we're tyin'! :D

Gentlemen...I suspect this may be perfect opportunity for you to learn how to dye tails! There was a wonderful article written for Hatches not long back by some guy about it :rolleyes:

Would be a piece of cake to pick up some white tails and then either Kool-Aid dye or go the better RIT route to get the color you want. There are a number of sites you should be able to find with 'dye recipes', or is you are lucky then you can likly get the color straight from RIT that you want...