Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fishyman

SNOW DAY!!!

Woke up to what we expected here in Indianapolis. Snow just north of me and freezing rain to the south. The boss said "lets wait til 8:00 and see what it's like". Well, it's only supposed to get worse as the temp drops and the front moves so at 8 he called and gave me the word. :thumbsdown:

I was really glad to get the day off since I just finalized plans with my Brother-In-Law last night to go up and fish the MO with him Sat and Sun. I've got nothing planned but sitting in front of the vice for the next 8 hours or so and tying to finish filling my boxes and his as well (he doesn't get to tie much).

I know what I'm doing today!! :D :thumbup: :clapping:

Scotty.

:o

I am stuck at work :ripped:

Took 90 minutes to make a 30 minute drive this morning and it is only getting worse. I am staying in town tonight.

Good luck on the Mo

I had to come in..... :bs: ......I took my Jeep though so I could atleast have a little fun on the drive.........

Good for you!! :headbang:

Unfortunately what I do now...weather doesn't matter...I have to go in :thumbsdown: booo

Hey Mike...no Level 3 yet? lol

:o

I am stuck at work :ripped:

Took 90 minutes to make a 30 minute drive this morning and it is only getting worse. I am staying in town tonight.

Good luck on the Mo

Thats pretty much why we didn't go in today. Pretty slow at work today and my boss didn't see any reason to have everyone come in just to sit around the shop and sweep floors only to get stuck there. Now freezing rain..supposed to change back to snow in an hour or so.

a dozen sz 10 disco caddis down and starting on some small black stones..

Scotty :thumbsup:

Thanks for the report Fishyman, I'm about 25 north of Ft Wayne with blizzard warning out until tommorow am. Had a dentist appointment this am & when I returned home to pick up some stuff to take to work in FW the boss called & said stay home. :yahoo: Had plans to go to Noblesville on Wed but now that sounds chancy at best. Nothing to do but tie tie tie. B)

That storm is coming my way. I get up at 3am to make it to work by 4am. My fear is that it will dump on my driveway and i'll have to shovel my way out, just to get stuck on the road somewhere. maybe tomorrow would be a good day to pack the vice with me just in case the rest of the office doesn't make it in, i can at least tie all day. (i wish i had the bosses permission to tie everyday, i'm bored enough that i'd get a lot of it done.)

I have to be at work at 6pm. The jobs 70 miles away. Theres already 4 + inches of snow on the groung,with more coming. And the drivers in Pittsburgh are idiots on a sunny day, let alone these conditions.

I think im calling off...............

Green Acres, there could be worse places to have to layover. I'd get some of those Maryland crab cakes, clam chowder & Guiness & just wait it out. ;)

They shutdown most of the stuff around us today including where I work, HOWEVER I fall under that "essential personnel" banner so I'm sittin here in a half empty building playing on the internet today! :ph34r: