Fly Tying
Gregor

What do you do...

I'm teaching chemistry (inorganic, organometallic and polymer chemistry) at the local state university, McNeese State University in Lake Charles, LA. When things get too bad I can always go cast afly in the Contraband Bayou which runs right behind the building I work in. All I need to do is grab the flyrod out of my lab...

Mark Delaney

I am a bank teller, at the Bank of Montreal here in Belleville, Ontario, Canada. I get hit on my old men all day!!! I just love my job! (not) But I am going to college this fall, and in the end, who knows what I will be doing... Watching the dough roll in somehow! laugh.gif

I find it so interesting to read all your professions though, I mean you get to know people on one part, for their fishing. And then finding out what their dayjob is, I don't know, it just totally interests me.

Yup SD. I started out as an inside grunt too. Was a local sorter for about 3 years. Went driving as soon as I turned 21 (started at UPS right out of high school). Did about every job as a local sorter, including air shuttle to the airport and tank driver for overflow to one of our feeder hubs. That was gravy work and all OT since it was at the end of the shift. I was lucky to have been hired right when UPS really took off. They were hiring like crazy, so they were approaching me every couple months to see if I wanted to go driving. Unfortunately, I wasn't 21 so couldn't.

We usually do not take any pictures. Unless if there is a backup team with camera and there is no danger for the life of us and there is no people in the building to be in danger.

Pictures are very helpful when analyzing all mistakes made during the action...

Othervise there is always extreme caution at our work.

Firefighting is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you gonna get!

But firemans in USA sure have time. Look at this. laugh.gif biggrin.gif

It is joke ofcourse, I found it on the web. Please do not try this at home. ph34r.gif

post-3-1083741940.jpg

I'm an Account Manager(at least that's my title for now)with the Subsistence Branch of DLA. What do I do. Make sure my customers(the Armed Services)get fed and my vendor gets paid. There are always various "fires" to be put out. I get to do a bit of traveling now and then which let's me do a bit of fly fishing in some unusual places. Don't think there's too many people that have fly fished in Guam. Guam was my previous account. Now my customers are in Japan and Singapore.

As my name implies I'm in the shoe biz as well. Our mainstay is to keep the masses walking...

We specialize in orthopedics, mostly build ups, metatarsal bars, wedges and inlays for all the folks experiencing problems with their feet and leg-length differences. The recent surge in knee and hip replacements keeps us quite busy. We also specialize in the resoling of quality footware. Guccis, Allen Edmonds, Aldens and the newest trend - Manolos for women. It's amazing to see these girls spend 450 on a pair of straps that wear out in a month...lol

This is my 30th year in this industry, which is considered a dying trade. Yup, we're dinosaurs. As the old timers are dying, the shops close. I'm fortunate enough to be in a prime location in one of Detroit's most affluent areas. Many of my clients are well known throughout the business world. Quite a few travel to flyfish and usually the conversation turns to fishing. Nothing like staying abreast of the runs in South America. laugh.gif

Not very exciting, but it keeps bread on the table and hooks in the vise. wink.gif

I sell building materials. Mainly exterior products, roofing, siding, gutters and lumber. 98% of my customers are contractors, but I am not at all adverse to taking a homeowners cash.

I am a Design Engineer for a thermoformer mold company. We make molds for the food industry (lids, cups, lunchable trays, meat trays, etc.) medical (instrument trays), and applanices (refrigator & freezer liners).

I pretty much draw in 3D all day.

If my company doesnt get any new work soon, I will be a laid off engineer, and a full time trout bum!

Boy, after looking at the first page of this thread I thought I was reading a review of Ron Howard's movie Backdraft..... ohmy.gif

By day I'm the assistant manager of clinical immunology at Alexion Pharmaceuticals in Cheshire, CT. I manage the day to day activities of the bioanalytical lab and all testing that goes on in support of clinical trials for our two drug candidates, and I also develop and validate new test methods as they become needed. It's a great place to work.

Two nights a week and on Saturday mornings I'm a head instructor at a local kung fu academy. It keeps me in shape, and I get a lot out of teaching both kids and adults. Seeing their progress over time is very satisfying.

General Building Contractor, mainly custom homes but doing some commercial now. For longer than I care to think about.

I am a stay at home Mom and really enjoy it. It wouldn't pay for me to work. My job description is ever changing, always surprising, shocking, and entertaining. bugeyes.gif

This is a great thread. Any police officers among us? Just curious. We have quite a few around my area that fly fish. Including one which gave me a tresspassing charge a week or so ago!!!

dunno.gif