Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Brown75

Other hobbies

Nice every body, hey steel drifter, me and my dad do nitro powered control line models and R/C planes, back in the sixties my grandpa set a speed record for control line at 157 miles and hour, you can read the story at the AMA website, i paint all my models with my airbrush

I've been playing the guitar for 32 years (dam I'm getting old). I had an old guitar teacher who put this dam Bossa Nova rhythm in my head and it never seems too far away from my riffs. despite my bossa nova handicap I play classical, flamenco, blues, rock and even metal still.

My wife is a graphic artist (mostly computer stuff) and I bought her some charcoal and sketch pads. I picked them up never having drawn more than a stick man in grade school and I seem to have a real affinity for sketching. I really enjoyed it until I quickly outshined my wife's free hand abilities and it she seemed kind of upset. Have to get back to it as I did like it and was impressed with what I created.

I really like just being outdoors, hiking, kayaking, camping, bike riding, skiing, etc. I probably should do these hobbies more often and then the waders wouldnt fit so tight.

Taking care of my house has become a hobby too as it is starting to get some age spots.

I like gardening too but the amount of trees on my property makes vegetable gardening a near impossibility.

Next hobby adventure for me will be archery and possibly some bird hunting. Did plenty of bow and rifle shooting back in scouts but not much in the past 22 years or so.

I have quite a few actually so here we go...

Hiking, camping, photography, coin collecting, stamp collecting, model trains, playing golf, bicycling, canoeing, all forms of fishing when I get the opportunity, working with computers (It's not just a job), and playing poker. If I find something interesting sooner or later it becomes a hobby. I keep picking up my guitar now and then, but for some reason it just never really caught on. Things I won't do Sky Diving, it's hard enough getting me on to a plane so don't expect me to jump out of it. :bugeyes: Bungee Jumping, rubber bands can break you know :crutch:. Things I want to try - Hang gliding. Go figure, I can't stand flying but for some reason, hanging from a big kite doesn't seem to worry me to much. :wacko:

I also have a Trex 450 CF R/C helicopter. Still learning to fly, each attempt just seems to get more and more expensive :cursing:

Grrrr i hate flying helicopters, i hear you on each flight gets more expensive, those rotars are expensive :wallbash: can we see a pic?

Well, my other hobby was TaeKwonDo until 4 weeks ago when I obliterated my ACL, tore my MCL and meniscus sparring a 14 year old 2nd Degree Black Belt. ( I am currently a Red Belt and 39).

Surgery is complete and now I am looking at 4 months rehab to get back in the river to fish and 8 months to go back to TKD. See pics below:

post-8453-1237510063_thumb.jpg post-8453-1237510074_thumb.jpg post-8453-1237510084_thumb.jpg

Lessoned Learned: Stick with Fly Fishing and tying bugs......it much safer!

Nice every body, hey steel drifter, me and my dad do nitro powered control line models and R/C planes, back in the sixties my grandpa set a speed record for control line at 157 miles and hour, you can read the story at the AMA website, i paint all my models with my airbrush

That's cool Brian. I use to really enjoy the RC hobby a whole lot. Started out in it back in the early 80's with a "Hornet" Rc car and a S&K wood RC boat. My dad and I were into boats all through the 80's and got into twin motored outriggers and such. A model boat skippin across the lake at 70+ mph is a blast lol. Then after my dad passed away I pretty much got out of RC all together till about the late 90's when I jumped back in for a bit with some nitro monster trucks (T maxx, Revo, and X-Factor) played around with a 1/8th scale buggy for awhile and raced at some local tracks for a bit. Had a lot of fun with RC but it just got so expensive on top of all the other expensive hobbies something just had to go. I really enjoyed it for over 20 yrs though, and might get back into it again some day.

Steve

Archery, bird-watching, bowhunting, camping, canoeing, cycling, fly-tying/fishing, hiking, photograghy and woodworking/carving/turning have all been and in most cases still are passionate interests of mine.

I have enjoyed a few more hobbies than I probably should have over the last 20 years (financially speaking) and given the recent economic downturn have had to curb/temper most of those interests; outside of those shared/spent with family.

Taking care of my house has become a hobby too as it is starting to get some age spots.

You have definitely Hit the nail on the head with that statement Ridleyffo...Time to put on the carpenter coveralls and awaken the inner Reno-man. :blink:

Tight lines & ties.

Jerome

I enjoy archery both competitive and bowhunting, camping, flying model airplanes and golf. Pretty much anything take takes me outdoors.

I have been a gear-head since grade school...racing 1/4 midgets and stuff till i built my first trans-am in middle-school. The only place i could drive it was the track.I don't realy race any-more but still build custom cars, mostly Corvettes and am the Vice President of the Southern Colorado Corvette Club. i still get into playing drums when i am able, just not much time to.