Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CoachBob

Goodbye 2nd Amendment

I think we should support our fellow outdoorsmen -- in this case, hunters.

HR 45 is titled the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009 and can be found at www.thomas.loc.gov by entering HR 45 or the sponsors' names in the search box.

Briefly, the new law would require registration of personal firearms and would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

.It is registered

.You are fingerprinted

.You supply a current Driver's License

.You supply your Social Security #

.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of the government's choosing

Also, each change of ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25

And if you don't... Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

The camel's nose is under the tent.

You might consider contacting your representative or senators and tell them what you think of the bill.

They've been trying to do that for years here and it's basically blown up in their faces. Too hard to police and enforce it, but a fantastic way for the ****** government to fill their pockets with more of our money.

HR 45 is dead where it stands! It was introduced 1-06-09 and can not get out of sub-committee or even get any cosponsors for the the bill.

even law enforcement groups don't support it....been a lot of chatter among officers about this bill...sounds great on the surface for those who don't routinely deal with elements I deal with....Take guns away from law abiding citizens and you just created the next victim target group. It sounds very cliche , but it's true..Guns don;t kill people, people kill people. Criminals will always have a gun. Only law abiding citizens would be affected by this bill. The criminals are still going to be stealing them or buying them from other criminals..some in legislatures, state and federal, are smart enough to see this...let's hope we can keep those folks around for a while!

I am not registering my guns and if they want they can come pry them from my dead fingers cause thats what its gonna take. Out here in the woods there are too many people ready to band together and not go down without a fight. So good thing I got at least a 1000 rnds for each of the 16 firearms I have. OOPS did I say 16 I mean 0 incase big bro is listening. rotflmfao

I am not registering my guns and if they want they can come pry them from my dead fingers cause thats what its gonna take. Out here in the woods there are too many people ready to band together and not go down without a fight. So good thing I got at least a 1000 rnds for each of the 16 firearms I have. OOPS did I say 16 I mean 0 incase big bro is listening. rotflmfao

exactly! when they try to do this for real they are gonna have a mess! its the people that are down in L.A. that are ruining the 2nd ammendment. and they arent even from our country!

even law enforcement groups don't support it....been a lot of chatter among officers about this bill...sounds great on the surface for those who don't routinely deal with elements I deal with....Take guns away from law abiding citizens and you just created the next victim target group. It sounds very cliche , but it's true..Guns don;t kill people, people kill people. Criminals will always have a gun. Only law abiding citizens would be affected by this bill. The criminals are still going to be stealing them or buying them from other criminals..some in legislatures, state and federal, are smart enough to see this...let's hope we can keep those folks around for a while!

im agreeing with you too! you stated it perfectly! american gun owners that own guns dont kill people, its people that do that. just like how they want to get rid of semi autos, them damn city slickers are dumb! they have no life outside of books, no common sense at all!

Maybe they will learn from the Canadian gun control registry. It was a Billion dollar fiasco. Could of built a lot of schools with that money and just educate people instead.

Maybe they will learn from the Canadian gun control registry. It was a Billion dollar fiasco. Could of built a lot of schools with that money and just educate people instead.

Great point!! We have children living in filth and squaller all over our great nations. Government's efforts could certainly be more effective in other arenas.

im agreeing with you too! you stated it perfectly! american gun owners that own guns dont kill people, its people that do that. just like how they want to get rid of semi autos, them damn city slickers are dumb! they have no life outside of books, no common sense at all!

Born and bred Philly Boy and lucky enough to have a patch of land just outside now. Philly has done some interesting things to curb the wild west shootem ups that were happening in the "badland" neighborhoods of the city. I love my guns and the 2nd amendment. But I also dont believe that some controls are a left wing conspiracy to take away my 2nd amendment rights. (slippery slope argument stylists please abstain). Another argument to let the City Boys, police themselves and enact gun control laws within city limits, lies in the very bastion of conservative thought, though oft-meriweather; States Rights.

And I do love them Canadians. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

No Gun Laws, everyone has one and there is MINIMAL GUN VIOLENCE. And I bet Ibian doesnt even lock his house in that great North he lists on his avatar. Ever wonder why the Candians arent killing each other, like us with the stateside blues?

No racist remarks anyone.. :thumbsdown: Canada has plenty of minorities and actual cities too!

So HERE IT is. the PONTIFICAL RAMBLINGS OF A GUN TOTING LIBERAL "HEAD" AND VP OF FINANCE

The Cheval de Frise mentality. I will build a wall (with spikes). Why do I build the wall? Because I am protecting what is mine? I say no. It is because of FEAR. Fear of not having MORE. think how that applies to both the thief and his victim.

No one said it better the FDR. "The only thing we have to fear.........

Sorry for the rant but sometimes this planet (And im not responding to anything anyone said, believes, posted) is one screwed up place. " Why can't we all just get a ...flyfishin"

I can assure you the criminals won't buy illegal semis because we all know they are afraid to do something illegal. :wallbash: