Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smalliestalker

building the spring warmwater box up

here's the start.....building my collection for spring warmwater.....some of my favorite subsurface patterns....haven't tied surface yet...give me a week or two...they will be in process.....deer hair poppers, divers, and other assorted madness will be done...enjoy...sorry my photography skills suck....

post-22995-1261965713_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1261965724_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1261965738_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1261965756_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1261965783_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1261965797_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1261965818_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1261965831_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1261965842_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1261965853_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1261965863_thumb.jpg

Nice boxes! I have 3 boxes one and 2 to go. (Ithink!) I CANT WAIT UNTIL SMALLIE SEASON!

Nice flies, guys.

It's be months before I get around to warm water stuff. Trout season comes first.

Got to give props :headbang: Yea im getting really excited about this spring.I really need to start on my box.That means i need to go back to the tackel shops and get some more gsp thread and a ton of marabou lol(i love that stuff :yahoo: )Im currently working on my first ever deerhair poppers :yahoo: but its been a true learning experience.So wish me luck and good luck guys.

now if you could get them flies an recipes all on one page ...life would be grand...they look great!!!!

i need the ones for the streamers and the one in the second row in the middle bass would kill that thing.

2nd row ...1st fly an 3rd fly on bottom...they look really good

here's the start.....building my collection for spring warmwater.....some of my favorite subsurface patterns....haven't tied surface yet...give me a week or two...they will be in process.....deer hair poppers, divers, and other assorted madness will be done...enjoy...sorry my photography skills suck....

Nice work. Yup like that 2nd row 2nd fly. Ive ben working on hair frogs and poppers and other deer hiar things. Anybody here from around modesto California USA. ?

ok.....2nd row....2nd fly...this is one of Kelly Galloup's creations.....Swimmin Jimmy...1st hook(head) 1/0.....stacked deer hair, olive/white....bend hook 30 degrees down.....trim head so it lays sideways like an injured baitfish.....olive marabou, white marabou and a little peach in the middle.....second hook...size 6.....olive and white marabou...I attach the hooks with wire with 3 red glass beads in between...I hope you guys can follow this...I'm sure my explanation sounds ridiculous....

the 2nd row, 3rd group bottom....that is a clouser foxee redd minnow.....size 6 hook.....lead eyes, gold flash.....cream coloered red fox tail, black tipped red fox hair....

most of the other flies are variations on clouser minnows...I use saddle hackle on the tails of all my clousers along with bucktail...I like the movement and the bulk.....glad you all enjoyed them....