Fly Tying
DevinKaradeema

what kind of fisher are you?

What % are you?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No problem anytime bud :D

I'd say I'm 90 or 95% fly guy. I will pick up a spin rod a few times a year, but I get more enjoyment out of fly fishing for sure so that's what I do almost all the time.

Steve

When we fish for stripers on the boat its usually clam or chunk bunker. Trout is 100% fly.

I voted 100% fly, but when I take the kids out, it's flies under a bobber....on barbie and mickey mouse rods....but still FLY!

100% feather/hair thrower, i used my bait rod for kindling two years ago on a canoe trip :gun_bandana:

Thats some funny stuff, oatka lol

I enjoy using a fly rod the most, but I'm in the last category, fly, baitcaster, spinner, I just like to fish. Do some trolling & bait fishing too, but not much with bait, primarily for catfish only. When my grand kids get old enough to start fishing in a couple of years, that may change! :D

While I prefer to throw flies I doubt you will find me in the back country without a cheap telescoping rod and a few panther martins. Its all about having fun and catching fish and if I'm not getting hits on the fly I'll probably revert to my redneck roots. Heck if you tell me it gonna be fun I'm more than happy to throw some meat on treble hooks and sit all night drinking Pabst and waiting for the catfish to bite.

I always prefer to use a fly rod and fly of some sort. It all depends on the big picture though. If I'm bottom fishing for catfish or trying to catch walleyes in 50 ft of water, it would just be silly to be so stubborn. Hell for the foreseeable future, I'm not a fly fisherman at all. I can barely cast a spinning rod. For trout and bass and whatever, I also make my own spinning lures. so I'm not totally out of touch.

a topic i posted got me into some trouble :hyst: :j_k: :wallbash:

so now i want to get you all in trouble with me.. Thanks Steve....

freshwater 100% fly ,though this year I'll be pluggin with some hand made wood lures for musky. Saltwater fly,bait, and plugs.

almost 100% this year.

i think i casted spinning gear a couple time to refresh the son's memory.............but other than that.

fly fly fly

camoham

Forgive me fly fishers for I have sinned. :hypocrite: It's probably high 90's with the fly rod, but I ain't above grabbing my ugly stick and dropping corn and marshmellows when relaxing at the river camp at the end of the day.