Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Bear attack on one of our own members

In case you guys haven't heard, there was a bear attack in MT yellowstone 2 days ago which resulted in one death and 2 mauled. Well one of the attacked was one of our own members on our sites. Deb Freele who goes by "Mato Kwapui" (sp) was the women that survived this week from the attack. I've built a rod for Deb and see her each year at the FF expo here in Mi each year, shes a great women.

First off I'm so glad Deb is Okay, and secondly, I dont think I could have keep my head about me like Deb did during the attack.

Here's a inteview on the morning show with Deb

Steve

That is a RUDE awakening.

I hope she gets healed up all right.

I haven't been out in a tent since a deer came crashing through ours one night...later that night a small black bear came trying to get into the truck we had moved into. Luckily it ran when we started banging on the sides of the truck.

I couldn't imagine the sheer terror of finding one chewing on you...Doubt i would/could ever go back into those woods again.

praying she has hope in her heart and peace in her mind.....surviving a traumatic event has a tendency of really screwing up the survivor (have experienced it on at least two occassions). I pray her heart heals as quickly as her body.

Wow! Here's to praying she recovers fully... like Chris said, also mentally. There were some nice fish in those photos too. :D

And the worst news is that they suspect someone had bait out for the bears somewhere near the campground ! Not known is for what purpose. They are investigating the baiting claim now.