Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Yep this is my second rod from Steve, he does phenomenal work, makes me wish I had a legitimate reason to buy another one,  maybe I'll get an 8 ft 8 wt for a boat rod when I get another boat.

3 hours ago, vicente said:

Yep this is my second rod from Steve, he does phenomenal work, makes me wish I had a legitimate reason to buy another one,  maybe I'll get an 8 ft 8 wt for a boat rod when I get another boat.

My legit reason for a 2nd heavy 5 is:  

I took a local Game Warden’s wife fishing and she brought a very expensive $+/-2500.00, famous name fly rod that she inherited, on a Sunday afternoon, after church.  

Hub and their 3 boys had flyfished the Middle Fork of the Powder River on Saturday and she had professional obligations and could not accompany them.  All were planning to fish with us on Sunday but the boys did not want to fish again and wanted to golf the Buffalo course, so she, my trophy wife of 42 years, and I took a small boat up the hill to a great dry flyfishing lake.  Caught many nice, small Rainbows.  Switched rods and she used the Stevo Supremo and her casting improved immediately and she was consistentl making casts 20 feet further.  It was a very good fit with her casting style.  Her and Hubs were in awe of the workmanship on the rod and wanted to buy one, pronto.  Finally, figuring I should be able to get Steve to fix me up another, I reluctantly agreed to part with it. 

She is my primary health care provider at the cancer center in Sheridan.  It was the least I could do.  Many happy results later Steve came through again.

All’s well that ends well

7 hours ago, vicente said:

Was finally able to get my new 10ft 6wt from Steve out on the water for a bit today, caught 4 decent sized bass and this fatty pan fish.

20200505_125520.jpg

Nice Vicente! I’m curious about the fly in the picture. Is it a foam on top? 

Yep caloosa I was trying to make something that would be kinda like a kwikfish these fish pretty close maybe more like a jointed one.  You have to use a really wide gap hook or the bill will block the hook point, my first one had this problem the second caught the fish in the pictures, the one below is my third one. I think mixing up the colors it could probably make a decent shrimp fly too.

20200505_214107.jpg

20200505_214133.jpg

14 hours ago, vicente said:

Was finally able to get my new 10ft 6wt from Steve out on the water for a bit today, caught 4 decent sized bass and this fatty pan fish.

You certainly know how to christen a rod, Vicente. Nice fish pictures. 

Fishing on Sunday and yesterday ... finally took time to get the videos edited.

Sunday ...

Tuesday ...

Curmudgeon52, that Crappie has a weird looking head/mouth.  Or is it just an optical illusion on my part?

2 of 17 this morning, fooled with a #14 hendrickson wet, all brookies

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

49 minutes ago, GC59 said:

2 of 17 this morning, fooled with a #14 hendrickson wet, all brookies

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

QC-17 Brookies is a great day as far as I'm concerned!