DAD: "Yeah sure, what is it?"
SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?"
SON: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make $100 an hour."
SON: "Oh! (With his head down).
SON: "Daddy, may I please borrow $50?"
The father was furious.
DAD: "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such this childish behavior."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.
The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's
questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?
After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:
Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $ 50 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

DAD: "Are you asleep, son?"

SON: "No daddy, I'm awake".
DAD: "I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier. It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $50 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling.
SON: "Oh, thank you daddy!"
Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then smiled.
DAD: "Why do you want more money if you already have some?"

SON: "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do.

"Daddy, I have $100 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."
The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness. It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do remember to share that $100 worth of your time with someone you love? If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family and friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

Paul, that's an awesome post! I believe I had read that before, but it's so very true! To add to it, time passes you by very quickly.

Life is too short & before you know it, most of your life will be behind you. Make the most of what time you have!

Not to hijack this thread, but thank you for giving me reason 10,893 why I am glad I never had kids.

Manipulative little Ba@#*%ds !!!

Thanks guys I kind of was touched when I read it to I know there are days when my daughter feels like that to so I try to make up for it every chance I get.

Mike trust me they are incredibly manipulative but I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything. They are costly pets but they can do the dishes.

Well it made me cry, I spent a lot of time away from home working getting home once or twice a month for a couple of days, I remember how much my little girl would cry on days I would leave and the hugs I recieved getting home, I now make sure I'm part of her life every day,she's 20 now.

They CAN do the dishes, but will they without further manipulation? Or get off of youtube and do their homework without argument? We parents spend our first couple of years of parenthood trying to get our kids to talk and the rest of the time trying to get them to shut up.

But, I wouldn't trade it for the world. If you think you can love, you have no idea what love is until you have kids.

Then, they learn to talk

I have an electric appliance called a "dish washer". That certainly isn't a winning argument.

Trust me, I am glad there are people who feel the way some of you do. If everybody despised children like I do, humans would be extinct. (Which would be wonderful for the Earth).

Mine does the dishes and her homework before she ever gets to see the internet and if there is an argument then there is no internet anyways works great and she is not that interested in the net anyway she is more into fishing and now hunting and trapping

That's a good one Paul. Only thing is I have a nine - five job and am here on weekends for my kids. However, being teenagers, they would rather not spend time with my wife or I except one of them, the others I'd have to pay them $100 for ten minutes of their time...

Kirk