Fly Tying
Travis Bille

Pet Hair Swap

SWAP IS FULL!!

Hi everybody. This will be my first swap hosted on FTF, and it's going to be kind of a goofy one.

Any pattern, any style, the only requirement is that the pattern must contain hair from a pet. Cat, dog, llama, parakeet, etc etc etc. I'll be utilizing my Brittany Spaniel for my pattern.

I'm looking for 8 additional swappers, besides myself, for a total of nine. You'll tie 8 patterns, and won't get your own pattern back.

When you tag your flies, please include the type of pet you used.

I prefer to recieve a self addressed and stamped envelope, rather than just cash.

Because this is my first swap hosted, I would prefer on US swappers, so I don't have to deal with the hassle of shipping internationally. Sorry to any out of country guys that would want to participate.

The due date will be June 28th. I think that should be plenty of time.

Thanks everyone, I hope to kick off my swapmeister duties with a bang!

1. atxdiscgolfer- Abigail's Gotcha- Received

2.mybadhabit- Cats

3. riffleriversteelheadslayer- Shit Poo- Received

4. DrVette- Snake and Tonkinese Emerger - Received

5. SSC- #16 Border Collie Mosquito

6. Shoebop- Beagle Bugger- Received

7. Saltybum- Gibson baitfish- Received

8. Natedubay- Rabbit/Golden Poo- Received

9. Travis Bille- Brittany Spaniel fly- Finished

I am in and the funny thing is I actually use this material alot I'm going to tie a royal ginger its a royal wulff that uses my dogs hair for the wing her name is ginger and her hair is a perfect sub for calf tail she is a shitzu poodle mix

Put me down for this. I am sure i can figure something out with some tonk hair. Siamese like cat named Ballou. And since it is shedding season it might actually be harder to tie something that doesn't have any of his hair in it.

Funny, I just got done blending up some Kool-Aid dyed "Lemonade doggy dubbin" for the body of my fly in the Carp Swap. I'd like to join in. I was experimenting with white and black strands of Border Collie tail hair for use as quill bodies a while back and I would like to get back to that. I'll tie a #16 Mosquito.

DISCLAIMER: no Border Collies will be harmed in the tying of these flies.

i refuse to honor any disclaimers on the cats...i might use the grey cat's instead...there has to be enough around here to make another cat already...a few flies won't even make a dent. And if one of them gets hurt...well that is because they hate the brush.

And since the snake shed yesterday i am trying to figure how to use some of that as well...maybe a shuck???

This sounds like a good one, but I just had my hound shaved for the summer. Post pics, please!

I've been tying with my beagle's fur for a while now. I'll join in if there's still room.

Oh man I'm glad I checked as soon as I got home, I'm in... Just got back from the trout opener. I've used pet hair alot in the past actually... We have a rabbit that lives in the house (potty trained), and I she does a complete coat change twice a year, and my dog (75% golden retriever, 25% poodle) has some pretty unique hair as well.