Fly Tying
vicrider

CDC Swap

Yeah! Flies arrived safe and sound, and boy do they look great! Thanks to all swappers, and thanks vicrider for hosting!

CDC hatch appeared in my mailbox today, great selection of flies - thanks everyone especially the swap meister

The flies showed up today. Thanks to everyone for a great looking bunch of flies and thanks to Vicrider for hosting a great swap.

Take Care,

Tony

Used some flies from this swap this morning- caught a 16 inch fat rainbow on Chase Creeks and caught a nice 14 inch rainbow on Gunpowderleaders. So far 3 flys out of this swap have worked i had a nice rainbow break the line using my submission a couple of weeks ago at the Guadalupe 1 fly tournament - happened on my 2nd cast- that was a short tourney for me because once you lose your fly your out of te tournament

atx, that's kind of a bummer to only last 2 casts in a tournament. Hope entry fee was not too large. Just wondering how hard you kicked yourself. I'd imagine breaking on a fish would hurt but be livable but snapping off in a tree on the second cast would really hurt, or throwing right onto a log you wanted to land next too.

The hot tail emerger I had in there was tied with a green wire twisted with the herl to toughen it up. It came from an article that rated it as one of the top Grayling flies for guides and figured if Grayling would eat it trout should. I tied several of them in different sizes to give a try to.

Yeah it was a free tournament hosted by the local flyfishing club here, i lost it to a fishes mouth so wasnt too heartbroken. I will have to tie on 1 of those that you tied next time i make it to the river, caught a lot of fish this past weekend including an 18 and a 21 inch trout. I was thinking what a perfect weekend until i unloaded my Sage fly rod when i got home only to find it shattered. It was a demo rod that i bought 3 yrs ago for $100 so i got my moneys worth.

Na i lost the 1 fly tournament 3 weeks ago, the winner only got like door prizes so no biggie there plus who wants to fish with same fly all day. Lol

As for this past weekend even though i broke my rod i caught some Nice fish and didnt break the rod until the end of the day. It was time for an upgrade anyway, trying to decide between a RL Winston VSL or a Passport right now, i use a Sage RPLX for the coast so wouldnt mind getting something different. I dont have the budget for their Boron model right now. If anybody on here wants to sell a good quality used rod let me know.