Fly Tying
Saltybum

From the Saltwater Bench

It's been a while.... but not because i haven't been tying.... Just starting to get the hang of these.

post-22241-0-15309500-1513943807_thumb.jpg

Thanks old hat.

These ones are heavy, so they are typically fished on the bottom.

For permit the guys fish them exceptionally slow, almost do nothing (different to U.S). Slow bumps and twitches.

For golden trevally you can fish them a bit faster as they like to chase down their prey.

Must turn over and ride hook point up.

They aren't tgat difficult, but they are quite time consuming. About 1/2 hr or so for each.

Two lots of large lead eyes tied central for weight, then remove from vice and do the rest. Check out martyn whit on YouTube, you'll be surpirised at how simple they are. I was!

Cphubert. They are velcro dots... just playing wuth shape now.

Claws and legs are just a chenille cut to length and hit with a cigarette lighter for the taper

I don’t have any now, but I used to make a crab with the felt disks you put on chair feet so that they don’t scratch the floor and a rubber band for claws.

Nice looking fly man. I was never a fan of polar fibre, always thought it was weird to tie with and fouled a lot when casting. It does have a nice movement in the water but I prefer other materials such as craft fur, rabbit, fox, etc. Wish I could find white pseudo but I believe that's been long gone.

Flats I'm not sure if you know how to use an internet search engine, I'd expect the more distinguished gentlemen on the page not to think of Google searching for something before giving it up but there's probably been a computer in your house longer than you've been alive.

Well vicente I did a search and found several colors from a number of distributors BUT no white, which is what flats is seeking.

Maybe you can find the white pseudo.