Fly Tying
Harold Ray

Feather Emporium; Honest?? Anybody Using Them?

Retired? No, maybe you might want to try your hand at the feather business. You've put a lot of ideas out there... go ahead, give them a try!

Barry,

You can do better than that. This goes back to 2011 when the ladies were putting feathers in their hair. This Roxie lady ordered Whiting feathers and after receiving them sent back junk that she received from someone else demanding a full refund.

This might be hard to believe, but she was even nastier than you. She threatened to go all over the internet if I did not immediately refund her money. She filed a dispute with PayPal and a chargeback case with her credit card. After seeing pictures of what I sent here and what she sent back to me both denied her claims and that's when she went nuts on every forum she could find.

But for some reason, I don't know if I've hurt your feelings or what, but you've become consumed with trying to show everyone what a terrible cheat I am. Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I've made mistakes in the past and worse yet, I'll probably make a lot more. But when I do, I'll take responsibility for it and fix it as soon as I can.

So rather than relying on Barry, if there is anyone reading this who feels that you have been somehow wronged, for whatever reason, please let me know. Either here, or better yet, just call me. Here's my cell 608-332-4220

But Barry, you have to admit that this is getting to you, at some point you just have to get over it and move on.

David

Barry,

JasonV is correct and I think most everyone feels the same. What can I do to fix this and end this on a high note?

Sure, you want it to go away. If you and others bothered to read all the posts on this thread you will see I requested the mods drop the thread a while ago. It was you who chose to publish a private email that I sent and keep the matter going.

All I ever wanted to do is verify that the cape you sold me was what you said it was. Sure, I'll take my money back, but judging from the complaints about you I would like the money back before I return the cape. Incidently, there has been three reported complaints to the Better Business Bureau in Madison WI, and you want me to trust you! You also claim to have a email from Tom Whiting addressed to me, funny I've never received it. How about publishing the emails between you and Whiting?

Yep, I'm retired and I've got plenty of time to correspond to you. Why didn't you respond to my PM and keep this off-line.

As for name calling and childless behavior, that's you, I've never called you any names etc.

If the mods want to lock, delete this tread that's fine by me. I suggested they do that in a message to them days ago..

I'm surprised hove got time to respond to this thread given the increase in business it's given you aver the last few days.

Wheew......I've managed to read through this thread in its entirety. Now I need a nap. It seems very clear to me, Dave (nice site by the way) isn't asking for anything that is unreasonable or out of the ordinary. I don't know of any business that would refund a customer's money before they returned the product. I'm sure Dave will refund the money if Barry sends back the cape.....and I'm fairly certain that he will in light of the fact that this thread would be fired up and active if Barry didn't get his money back after sending the cape.

It seems that Barry just wants to be right and Dave wants to get it right.

Barry,

Take a lesson from Ray. He worked it out.

Wheew......I've managed to read through this thread in its entirety. Now I need a nap. It seems very clear to me, Dave (nice site by the way) isn't asking for anything that is unreasonable or out of the ordinary. I don't know of any business that would refund a customer's money before they returned the product. I'm sure Dave will refund the money if Barry sends back the cape.....and I'm fairly certain that he will in light of the fact that this thread would be fired up and active if Barry didn't get his money back after sending the cape.

It seems that Barry just wants to be right and Dave wants to get it right.

Barry,

Take a lesson from Ray. He worked it out.

Smitty, wrong, I don't want to be right, I just want verification that the product I recieved is as advertised. So far all I've got is a lot of " spin" from Roberts but no proof

Yep, it's boring but Roberts insists on personal attacks on me , but no verification. I was hoping Whiting might provide that. Don't know about you, but I hate being ripped off

The feathers arrived yesterday; I was at the clinic yesterday and busy there again this morning treating animals and just got a chance to open and photograph them so I could show you what we have been talking about, a relaxing late afternoon with the feathers.

There are 14 skins with a few thousand feathers; I'll start using them tomorrow. Overall, the skins are large and robust, thickly loaded with feathers that are full and well colored. Genetics plays it's part in size and quality of each but they are in great shape and what I wanted and needed.

Some images don't look as good as I would like; that is due to light glares, particularly seen in reddish tints

Take a look:

post-7246-0-64654700-1428187229_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-64654700-1428187229_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-23672300-1428186821_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-01333800-1428186861_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-61405700-1428186890_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-84349000-1428186920_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-24454600-1428186955_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-90396300-1428186990_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-04418000-1428187040_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-74970400-1428187076_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-05844400-1428187105_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-49676000-1428187133_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-42891900-1428187165_thumb.jpgpost-7246-0-03653800-1428187194_thumb.jpg

I'm not satisfied with the images so here is a photobucket link to an album; see if that is better, possible larger images.

http://s45.photobucket.com/user/hraye135/slideshow/Feather%20Emporium%20Capes

Ray

post-7246-0-99075500-1428187255_thumb.jpg

Wait a minute !!! Hold the Freaking Presses !!! I see the problem !!!

In all those pictures, Harold, I only see ONE White-ISH cape. All the others are some color, much darker than WHITE.

Is that it, Barry ??? You got a colored cape and you wanted white ???

Perhaps you meant the cape wasn't white-ISH ... but it is from White-ING ???

On, and ON and ON and ON and ON and ON and ON ...